As we live in Thailand we were looking for somewhere special for our second Honymoon and we certainly found it at the Haven Resort. We were on a Bed and Breakfast Tarrif 3 nights in a Haven Villa and 4 nights in a Haven Suit. The Villa was excelent the Jacuzzi on the sundeck was especialy enjoyable the steps down to the lagoon gave a marvelous access to a lagoon that was delightful to swim and snorkle or just simply sit and look in to watching the many types of fish including reef Sharks Sting Rays and Manta Rays not to mention the many other coulourful examples of tropical fish that swam by all the time. if we thought the Villa was excelent it faded when we moved to the Haven Suite, Lying in bed watching the waves crashing in to the reef was out of this world the private swimming pool with colour changing lights was a wonder to see in the evening as we sat with a cocktail watching the moon rising in a clear star lite night. We ate at 4 of the 5 available restraunts and every meal was delicious the Italian restraunt was very good indeed, in the evening we would have a drink at the main bar, and after one visit they remembered our drinks and room number. My wife and I swam and snorkled at the reef every day and no 2 days were the same.
This was by no means a cheap break and if you are loking for that then the Haven is not for you. although we did not stay in them the beach bungalows would not have been to our taste. the area they were in was mostly rough beach and tree lined gardens, we walked all round thwe Island and as i say were not impressed with these bungalows.. there were some that faced a lovely beach and lagoon on the harbour side of the island this beach was beautioful with white powder sand you associate the Maldives with. But if you are loking for a private holiday and you can afford it the Haven Suite is certainly the way to go.
Staff were Friendly and soon got to know us by name and room number
Food was excelent in all outlets we tried
Room service in the suite was quick and the food again was very good
the cleanleness of the suite was again excelent Towels were changed twice a day and the bed was turned down in the evening as well as the curtains and blinds closed
To sum up The Haven is a place for people that are looking for great service, Friendly staff, views that are to die for. comfort and luxury with Privacy. It is not for someone looking for a cheap break on a budget.
My wife and I certainly enjoyed our time at the Haven and are already planning our next visit.
So if you are looking for a water suite that you can walk down your steps and swim with sharks this is the placce for you. But go the extra way and pay fopr the suite I am sure you will agree it is worth the extra cost
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine an island right in the middle of the Indian Ocean, with bright white beaches, a lagoon with multiple hues of blue and aquamarine and tall coconut palms swaying to the breeze. Who wouldn't want to be marooned on one? All the more, when all modern comforts and formal professional services that one would expect on a five star hotel come together with it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Paradise Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Island Hotel Lankanfinolhu Island
- Paradise Island Resort Maldives
- Paradise Island Maldives
- Paradise Island Male
- Paradise Island Resort & Spa Maldives/North Male Atoll