3,555 results
All reviews water sports beach bungalow shark feeding lagoon restaurant italian restaurant speed boat main restaurant breakfast and dinner our honeymoon scuba diving buggy service half board welcome drink fish indian dishes crystal clear water jet skiing
Reviewed 28 November 2011

As we arrived at the airport in Malé, we did get a really nice and friendly welcome and went to the boat which took us to paradise island.
From start on, we did found the stuff friendly and helpful and they really made our stay special as they asked us many timesw if everything was ok.
Even if it was raining the stuff was still smiling and always seemed in a very good mood.

The food was very good and we really liked the buffet in the morning and in the evenings with the lovely created decoration made of melons.

As soon as we did get into the room, we did have a beach villa, we felt very cosy and liked it a lot. We did have a wonderful beach- few. They cleaned the room twice a day and they always put new waterbottles on the table.

I also liked the boat trip to the dolphins, as they seems to play with the boats and tried to take the mick. This was really special.

My boyfriend and me did a diving curse there and the diving teacher was realy good in getting me rid of my fear to start with, and I loved it in the end, so I do carry on with the diving now.

My favourite was the water-sports bar cause the barman really was nice and tried to complete every wish you asked him for. And there is a very lovely parrot near the water-sports bar. She was realy good fun and a lovely bird.
The people from the water sport were always there to asked them for help. We tried some watersports and all was very good fun.

The highlight of our holliday there was the beach - dinner directly next to the beach. The buffet was made really good and lovely prepared, and they even got us back to the villa with them little cars.

All in all it was a lovely holiday and I would love to go back soon, as this was the best holiday I ever had.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Now, i was the 10th time in Maldives and the first time in Paradise.
This island is cloth to Male but still my favourite comparing to other 4 or 5 star resorts i have visited before. Of course, Rangali and these very expensive hotels are better, but Paradise is still Paradising, compared with other hotels in maldives at a normal price range. Staying in a super deluxe beach bungelow directly at the beach with a nice white beach at blue water ocean or even staying in a water villa is both very great. First we have booked a super deluxe room, nice furniture, nice room, and for the last 3 days of our 14 nights stay we upgraded to a water villa, because an upgrade for little money was offered by the hotel.
Comparing the super deluxe room with water villa, the water villa is better, but the super deluxe room is also fine.
The food in the main restaurant was delishes, each day you had a different topic with different food. As well there were some more restaurants available for extra charge, such as Japanese and Italian. Sitting at itialian restaurant just for a nice ice-cream in the afternoon is also very nice and relaxing.
The Spa at Paradise is the best i have ever seen - and by the way - i am travaling a lot, also for busniess and i always stay at a hotel with a Spa - very nice staff, great treatments and the design just TOP.
All staff in Paradise is very courteous and polite, the bar men, room-boy, receiptionists, water-sports. etc.
And before i forget: the best place in the island is the water sports center, nice guys, nice background music, just perfect for a chill-out.
----

Room Tip: water villa or super deluxe beach bungelow.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Andisani
Reviewed 24 November 2011

This is a big, busy and noisy resort catering to mass tourism. It caters especially to package holidaymakers from Russia, India and China.

The rooms - are ok.

The staff - are very friendly and accommodating.

The common areas – were noisy and the majority of guests smoked. On one snorkelling trip everyone including the guides chain-smoked all the way (not pleasant for non-puffers…and guess where the butts went?!).

The meals - we opted for the full-board option which was a mistake. At dinner especially the buffet was very crowded and noisy. We ended up paying extra for our dinners at the other restaurants which were usually empty (because most guests are on the package deal).

The snorkelling - I was pretty disappointed in this resort’s attitude toward the environment. The snorkel boats often anchored directly onto the reef and were apathetic to guests bringing corals and living sea life to the surface. I don’t blame the guests – it is the responsibility of the resort to educate the guests on the do’s and don’ts of the reef. It seemed that the resort was more interested in making money (short-term gain) and less interested in looking after the reef (long-term gain).

I wouldn’t go to this resort again. Instead I’d opt for a smaller, quieter resort that doesn’t specialise in mass tourism and one that cares about the reef.

(As a final insult, on the day of departure the sea was pretty rough. Instead of taking it easy, the boat driver went full-throttle into the oncoming waves. There was no need for it - no one was in a hurry except the resort staff. We arrived at the airport feeling sick with sore backs. Not what you need before a 10 hr flight)

Room Tip: Spend a few extra dollars and go somewhere else.
Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
8  Thank RTWTripping
Reviewed 22 November 2011

It was the worst holiday we ever had the rooms were pathetic, we paid for the water villa, and got a terrible room with awful furniture, service was horrible food was terrible, the staff was trained to say no , nothing was good even the water sports, their boats, their accessories all in bad condition, their charges are 5 star,but service , rooms food worst than a 2 star please please never go there!!! We were made to wait for one hour while coming from the airport and whule returning too, right from the start they screwed our trip!!!

Room Tip: Please dont go
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
9  Thank GAUTAMCHITRA
Reviewed 22 November 2011

I stayed at Paradise Island Resort for an international work meeting. The resort was a good place for a meeting as it is large (~260 rooms). The one thing they couldn't accomodate for a meeting was the fact some meeting participants wanted to move between tables for different meals. When you first go to the dining room they asign you a table for your stay. Your meal card stays on your table and they can easily identify whether you are partial or full board. Some of the staff were positively anxious and upset with us changing tables so that we could sit with different people or not sit by ourselves.

Aside from that, I enjoyed being at the resort for work. The water was beautiful and clean and had baby blacktip sharks in the shallows, as you find across the Maldives. For the price, the island was very nice.

The non-water villa (i.e. beachfront) accommodation was basic. Our room was simple and well maintaned. A warning that soap and shampoo is only available on request. I had a pedicure at the spa and was surprised at how large it was and enjoyed the man-made surrounds, and the bowls of water containing freshly picked flower petals delicately arranged.

There were some groups of noisy tourists who didn't seem very considerate, however, there weren't many and it's not surprisign given the cost of the place.

I wouldn't stay at a resort like Paradise Island for a holiday as it is far too impersonal and bulk touristy for me. However, I must say I enjoyed my time and the beaches didn't feel crowded.

My partner and I stayed at Constance Halaveli for a short holiday afterwards, which is a completely different kettle of fish.

Room Tip: Some supposed beach front rooms are actaully set back behind other beach front rooms, so be careful to ensure that you get an authentic beachfront room.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business