3,443 results
All reviewswater sportsbeach bungalowshark feedinglagoon restaurantitalian restaurantspeed boatmain restaurantbreakfast and dinnerour honeymoonscuba divinghalf boardbuggy servicewelcome drinkfishindian dishescrystal clear waterjet skiing
Reviewed 3 September 2012

This was our second visit to the island in seven months and our fourth visit overall.
We are booked to visit again in two days time!
As i have said in my previous reviews this place is superb.
From the moment of arrival until the day of departure the staff at the island make you feel as if you are the only people there.
Our visit in November 2011 was marred by my wife breaking her ankle so this trip was to make up for that. We were not disappointed! Within an hour and a half of landing we were on the island being checked in by the lovely Joana. We prefer to stay on the west side of the island which affords a wonderful view at sunset.
By lunchtime on our first day we had caught up with Mr Abdulla Fath'hy, Resident Manager of the island and were informed that we would be upgraded to a Haven Villa for the last part of our holiday, along with an invite to join him at the Italian restaurant for dinner on a night of our choice, a very kind gesture.
As it was my birthday during our stay we planned our complimentary visit to the superb Seafood Restaurant on that day.On arrival we were greeted by the staff to a table meliculously decorated for the occasion. Thanks again folks. At the end of our meal Joana and Tanu ( two wonderful and crazy girls) brought a chocolate birthday cake to our table, sang happy birthday then helped us eat it! Thanks again ladies!
A mention must go to ALL the staff for there efforts in making this a friendly atmosphere in which to enjoy your time on the island. Everyone works very hard to accomplish this.
Special mentions go to Fernando, Miral, Danushka, Gayan,Nisam, Suntil, Hassan, Joana, Tanu and of course Mr Fath'hy for continuing to make our visits so memorable.
I have recently read some negative reviews of the island and all i can honestly say is, visit and see for yourself, you will NOT be disappointed!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jomoScotland
Reviewed 1 September 2012

Maldives is one of the best places to visit and this resort is truly a Paradise on Earth..a quiet & relaxing resort. We had a beach facing room - waking up in a soothing views in an endless deep blue sea with waving palm trees..Great!!

Food: WOW!!!!!...Everything was fantastic from the food to the warm welcome from all the staff at paradise. For the first time i saw an interesting thing - small SHARKS while i took a walk down to the water line..and to be frank i felt little nervous about swimming with them around. Anyhow they looked really cool :)

Don't miss the different water sports, activities & pampering services. All are exciting. And finally don't worry about being bored..you won't be!!

Room Tip: All Beach facing rooms are good!!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
13  Thank Bala26
Reviewed 22 August 2012

If you are heading to Maldives, be ready to splurge , coz erything is sooo tempting and oh well expensive and taxed .We had been to Paradise Island for 4D/3N stay. Its an amazing property with creamy white sand and blue water and perfect for a couples stay! you'll absolutely fall in love with the place.

If you are planning to stay at the Paradise Island, spend 2 days in the beach bungalow and 2 in the water villa to get a feel of the place. Both are well maintained. Although we werent on our honeymoon , there was a complimentary bottle of champange and a basket of fruits kept in our room 2 bottles of water were replenished on a daily basis along with fresh towels

The staff are extremely courteous and polite. Go in for the Half board option which consists of breakfast and dinner buffet. There is plenty of variety on a daily basis and the desserts are to die for esp : Rum Baba, french cocolate mousse etc . The property also has 4 other restaurants , of which the Italian restaurant : Alramonta is the best

Lots of water activities to indulge in , would recommend going in for the couple Haven package which includes : Jet skiing, Parasailing, Snokerling , Rowing and Tow Boating all for USD 315.
The guys at the Q Adventure are very very helpful and kind .
Also dont miss on the scubadiving, its a great experience for just USD 272 for a couple. Hire an underwater camera to capture the amazing sights.

After a day filled with activities head to the Araamu Spa and go in for the couple massage , whch is simply divine. Its for USD 189.
The property also has a gym, jaccuzi, table tennis,badminton etc. Would recommend taking rackets with you else you will be charged.

Things are expensive as everything is imported but All in all the experience was heavenly.
As opposed to some of the negative reviews I read before my travel, I would definatly say this is once place you must visit. Our trip was perfect and stay was good ...would I want to go again...? HELL YA :)

Room Tip: If incase you are opting for a beach bungalow, take one nearer to the reception else its a looong walk. We were lucky to get one nearby. Also carry a torch as it tends to get quiet dark at night
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Stacy020
Reviewed 21 August 2012

I visited this resort during my honeymoon last year in May. First day was awesome and we enjoyed the beaches and our stay, next day afternoon, I was at the beach with my wife and locked all the doors properly before leaving. After about an hour we returned back due to bad weather, and I observed, someone has entered my room in my absence, I checked the bathroom and there I found mud steps printed over the floor, and the bathroom door was open back to the outside lobby. Somebody has entered crossing the fence of the concrete wall and used the hand made key to open my bathroom door, which was being told highly secured by the management. I not told this to my wife, then suddenly I checked my Mini-bar, which was empty, and my suitcase was unlocked. I immediately called the security at the reception and told about this mess. I requested to change the room, which was changed later on but we couldn't enjoy rest of the stay due to this accident. The terrible moment came when Management not taken any action on this and posed the complete Mini bar bill of 350USD on me at the time of departure. I firm stood-up against the theft and shown the hand made key which the thief left in the Bathroom door while going away. Management completely denied this type of incident's possibility, then I offered that if the key opens the door of that room, I will go without any further discussion. I told that, My wife and me both are non alcoholic,even we not accepted the free champagne bottle offered at the time of our arrival, then How could I brewed up the complete minibar? Finally, lady deducted the amount 300USD out of that, but my complete honeymoon got spoiled, I faced very rude and bad behavior from Paradise Resort and will never recommend anyone to go there to enjoy the mos beautiful part of life.
Thanks

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
15  Thank arunav_12
Reviewed 20 August 2012

If you are going to Maldives, be prepared to splurge. Everything is expensive - since everything is imported and providing services on an island is expensive. Liquor is very expensive and you CANNOT get it from anywhere outside the resort.

Extra charges for drinking water, for gym, playing tennis...

Its a big resort, covering the whole island - lots of people. Service is not bad, but for a little extra you could go to a 5* property.

Room Tip: Do stay in the Water villas for at least one day.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple