We chose this resort for our honeymoon after doing a lot of research and were not disappointed. We spent 7 nights here but I could have easily spent 2 weeks on the white sands and in the private plunge pools.
We spent 4 nights in a beach bungalow and 3 nights in a lagoon bungalow, just to get a feel for both. They were both great and different in their own way, but I think we enjoyed the over-the-water lagoon bungalows more because you had an amazing view from everywhere in the bungalow. (Sitting in the bathtub and watching the stingrays swim past the bungalow was pretty amazing!)
We thought the service was top notch - everyone we met was lovely, and the personal butler assigned to us was friendly and really easy to chat to.
Breakfast was great - something I looked forward to everyday (maybe not as much as happy hour cocktails), and the variety of tropical fruit was enough to make my mouth water. We ate at Salt once or twice and the food was great. Make sure you make a reservation for Salt soon after booking in your accommodation as it gets booked out really quickly. We were fortunate enough to have our travel agent tell us about it, as some couples we met on our stay missed out. Raw is a great restaurant too, I was amazed at how great uncooked food could taste.
We booked a fishing trip and snorkelling trip with the resort and no one else turned up for the snorkelling trip so it turned out to be a private snorkelling tour on a luxury dhoni (boat) just for the two of us.
(We actually stayed in November 2010)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Float at infinity's edge. Descend stairs for underground wine. Come out of your shell in the depths of an underwater spa room - the first and only in the world - where colour fish glide past the floor-to-ceiling-windows that reveal the beauty of the reef. Huvafen Fushi, a multi-award winning island resort located only 35 minutes by speedboat from Male, offers 44 naturally modern bungalows and the luxury of 'suites at sea,' traditional Maldivian sailboats fitted out with modern indulgences and the chance to escape and relax in a secluded island paradise in the middle of the Indian Ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA and TripOnline SA so you can book your Huvafen Fushi Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Huvafen Fushi Hotel Huvafen Fushi Island
- Huvafen Fushi Male
- Huvafen Fushi Hotel Male
- Huvafen Fushi Maldives Huvafen Fushi Island