After reading comments on this site beforehand i was excited to go, but worried in case the negative comments were true!
But when me and my partner got there, i was blown away, anything and everything that you could think of was done for you or readily available! Our ocean Bungalow was amazing, to wake up to that view every morning is phenomenal! The weather was fantastic except the afternoons and evening of last two days but mornings were still great considering it is rainy season!
Our thakura Shaheed was lovely and everyone in the restaurants wer kind and friendly. As someone commented negatively before, all that was not apparent when i was there and think they must be talking about a totally different place!
Many tips and advice!
1. Dont bother spending extra on the underwater spa, all you get is an extra mirror and in the normal spa rooms there is glass bottom so that is much better. We had a tour of the under water spa, ask Thakura for a nosey and you can go down and take photos and have a look, you will notice it isnt that grat anyway for the money!
2. When you ring up for a spa treament, ask if there anre any offers, i wanted both a massage and a scrub but was too pricey so i asked for exfoliation body treatment( forgot name) and my boyfriend wanted a massage, i was gooing to be going for 60 mins and he;'d be going for 90, but when i rang the lady offere a treatment for both of us, 90 minute treatment where 30 mins exfoliationa nd 60 mins massage! we both got what we wanted and at a really good price $200 each!
3. Instead of having to pay extra for evian water for the mini bar just stock up on all the bottles of complimentary water and then you can always have some when ever you want, put it in fridge, no problemo!
4. if you want to be nosy, dont hesitate for a tour of all the different rooms! The beach pavillion is to die for!!!
5. Dont bother taking fancy heels or shoes. there is no need, walk around with sandals and then take them!
It is the most phenomenal place ever! I loved it and me and my partner will most definately be going back!
P.S. Haggle with the jeweller! You can easily get the price you want but make sure you quote the exchange rate from england as they do at £1 is $2!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Float at infinity's edge. Descend stairs for underground wine. Come out of your shell in the depths of an underwater spa room - the first and only in the world - where colour fish glide past the floor-to-ceiling-windows that reveal the beauty of the reef. Huvafen Fushi, a multi-award winning island resort located only 35 minutes by speedboat from Male, offers 44 naturally modern bungalows and the luxury of 'suites at sea,' traditional Maldivian sailboats fitted out with modern indulgences and the chance to escape and relax in a secluded island paradise in the middle of the Indian Ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Huvafen Fushi Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Huvafen Fushi Hotel Huvafen Fushi Island
- Huvafen Fushi Male
- Huvafen Fushi Hotel Male
- Huvafen Fushi Maldives Huvafen Fushi Island