All reviewssamas spathermal suiteterrace restaurantinfinity poolold worldfrancis brennancourse tasting menurelaxation roomfine diningfour poster bedluxury hoteltop classbeautiful hoteldeluxe roomsconesdrawing roomsteam room
Reviewed 13 July 2015

We were warmingly welcomed and the stuff was very nice. The room was big with a beautiful outdoor sitting.
The dinner was very good and the service great.
The breakfast was also very good.
A nice place to stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor have a beautiful outdoor sitting
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Nicole U
Reviewed 9 July 2015 via mobile

Visited Park Hotel for tea and scones and the minute I stepped in the door I had a five stars experience. Go for a visit and like me you will want to go back next time to stay overnight. The surroundings took me back in time to a charm now almost non existent. Just to sit in the lobby and admire the antique paintings and furniture was great. The staff are welcoming and so friendly. The tea and scones were so good that I would drive that distance around sixty miles just to have them again. But next time I will book for bed and breakfast.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
5  Thank ml042014
Reviewed 9 July 2015 via mobile

I booked into the spa for a treatment rather than stay as a guest. It is a really beautiful spa. The staff are friendly. I spent a relaxing hour in tje thermal suite before my pne hpur treatment followed by time in the relaxation room. The infinity pool is the best part of the thermal suite and a shame not all of the jets were working but really relaxing. In the relaxation room you can use headphones if you wish and choose what type of music to listen to. Overall a lovely way to spend a morning even if you are staying elsewhere in kenmare!

Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
3  Thank supaberri
Reviewed 7 July 2015

For my 70th birthday treat, we stayed for three nights at the end of June. We walked over from Killarney on the Old Kenmare Road. It took about six hours with backpacks in the rain. Not bad for a combined age of 141 years and 8 months. On arrival, we were greeted by the very friendly people on reception. We were shown to our really comfortable room overlooking Kenmare River and the hotel gardens. A pot of coffee and freshly made shortbread biscuits were brought up and we unpacked and dried off after a lovely hot bath.

The room was very homely and comfortable and the bathroom was good and efficient. We slept like babies in great warmth and comfort during a miserable spell of damp weather. Breakfasts are freshly cooked and very well served in the attractive restaurant. We also had dinner here for my birthday and we had a nice meal, albeit wine is on the pricy side.

We also booked into the SAMÁS Spa for both of us and had a really enjoyable set of treatments including a full body massage and a wonderful relaxation room experience which was truly well deserved. The personnel here are great.

The beauty of The Park Hotel Kemare is that everyone is treated equally like a 'royal' guest in quiet and mature comfort and looked after by caring and confident hosts. There are no gimmicks and while it is not exactly cheap, there are no hidden surprises. For this level of care and comfort, it is actually very good value. Located right in the middle of Kenmare, there is very easy access to the restaurants and shops nearby. The bus stop for Killarney is round the corner and was extremely useful for our return as it was still raining.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
8  Thank BrandonDublinIreland
Reviewed 7 July 2015

My husband and I stayed in the Park Hotel last week, as we were celebrating his rather significant birthday. It was a most enjoyable experience from the time that we dripped very wetly through the front door, to when we left three days later.
Our outing comprised of travelling to Killarney and overnighting there, then walking to Kenmare over part of the Kerry Way. This is a beautiful walk but unfortunately for us it started to rain when we were only half way there. Result, we were soaked when we arrived to one of the friendliest welcomes I have ever got in a hotel.
Our room with a marvelous view was lovely, spacious, and everything that we needed was there and everything worked.
The breakfast menu was very comprehensive and it was a pleasure to have it served so efficiently. We also had dinner in the dining room to celebrate the BIRTHDAY and we had a lovely meal. As Kenmare is renowned for its many restaurants, we had to try them too on the other nights!
The hotel is well situated, overlooking the Kenmare River, and the grounds are ideal for quiet walks. When in the grounds it is difficult to realise that this hotel is in the middle of Kenmare. The public rooms and bar are very comfortable so the total package is very relaxing. As it rained all the time we were there we did test the accommodation and found it to be more than adequate.
We also had a session in the Spa. Lovely!!!
This hotel compares so favouably with the one where we spent his last birthday. When there we had a reasonable room, but there were only two very small public rooms with very uncomfortable seating, dinner was at 8.00 pm, no bar, no snacks available (I could go on!) but our experience last week would certainly encourage us to stay at home and not try visiting any prize winners in the Scottish "Country House Hotel of the year" competitions again. Not to mention that the Park Hotel costs a lot less.
Enough of that rant, when planning a special celebration it can be so difficult to know how it will turn out. Well I can only recommend The Park Hotel as a home away from home, but with lots more, unless of course that you already live in a palace.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple