Sheen Falls Lodge
Kenmare Bay Hotel & Resort(Kenmare)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$211
US$205
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,016 results
All reviewsclay pigeon shootinghorseback ridingbeautiful hotelstar hotelmain restaurantspa treatmentsdrawing roomring of kerryleisure centretop classsteam roomrelaxing staybeautiful roomcounty kerrysmoked salmonkenmare townfalcon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 March 2017

Heard about this hotel years ago from an Irish customer of mine,always has it in the back of my mind and decided too book here fir two nights during our tour of the south of Ireland .
From the moment you drive through the gates it doesn't disappoint ....Relais and Chateaux character oozing out of the walks as you walk into reception.
Room 255 fantastically appointed as you would expect and with a balcony view over the Falls(see photos).Only slight remark I would say is that with the a la carte menu currently only having 6/7 satteres and 6/7 main courses,it doesn't provide enough choice for me too be tempted to dine,so we've opted both nights too eat in Kenmare,it might be as it's low season.Everything else is super,the waitress in the bar is very professional in opening a new bottle of wine,when the other glass left in the bottle might be too old for a customer to drink(take note Bulman)

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking Sheen falls
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

This is simply the best hotel, I chose to get married here in 2016, and now look forward to every visit and find it hard to leave. Food is amazing the staff are great and facilities perfect. It's set beside beautiful water fall that makes a perfect setting and definitely the best location in Kenmare to stay.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

Came here for a 2 night break with my wife who is six months pregnant. We were looking for a relaxing stay to unwind and definitely found what we were looking for. The hotel is very tastefully decorated and I wouldn't be surprised if it has had a recent uplift as the carpet and paint job seemed so spotless.
There's so many nice areas to relax and unwind throughout the hotel with a couple of open fires to add to the atmosphere.
I enjoyed two of the recommended walks around the estate grounds which are beautiful. My wife was very impressed with the pregnancy package at the Spa.
We ate in the hotel the first night. I do have to say that the food is far too overpriced for what it is. I had the duck for the main course and it was just ok.
However the cooked breakfast is impressive. All in all this is a great hotel in a beautiful setting.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 March 2017

My friend and I had booked a night away with dinner in a standard room. On arrival the very nice receptionist informed us we had been upgraded to a deluxe falls view room. We were delighted with the beautiful room and and the views were stunning , it was a wonderful surprise and very much appreciated, thank you.
Dinner was delicious, the goats cheese starter and sea bass especially. The waiting staff were first class.
Breakfast was good if a little unoriginal.
Lovely river walk around the hotel.
We both had treatments in the spa.The staff there were so friendly and good humoured and we throughly enjoyed our treatments with lovely Mairéad.

Lunch was very disappointing and the only negative, €19 for what was supposed to be a veg curry with crispy veg and cashew nuts turned out to be little more than a very runny soup with not one single cashew nut. I asked the waiter if I could have some cashews and he came back with some macadamia nuts saying they had no cashews. Very poor offering.

We had delicious scones and coffee with homemade shortbread before we left in the late afternoon.

Room Tip: 204 is a beautiful room with a luxury bathroom and stunning views
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank AdTed
Reviewed 8 March 2017

Arrived at main entrance and immediately an attentive gentleman took our case and offered to park the car. The check-in was super efficient and we were brought to our room by a very attentive receptionist. Hotel not very busy as it was very much off-season. At dinner we were offered an excellent table adjacent to the window overlooking the river rapids. Dinner was above average but not by much. I was not convinced that my fish was fresh. It tasted of preservative and was over salted. Whilst the dining-room staff were efficient, their proficiency in English left a bit to be desired. Very comfortable 5***** bedroom provided a super night's sleep. Breakfast was excellent. We will be delighted to return next time in Kenmare.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business