“Great Food.......again. ”

Pasta Castello
Ranked #8 of 9 Restaurants in Donabate
Price range: US$14 - US$31
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are family run business. All our foods and sauces are home-made. We have a large selection of gluten/wheat free products available. Our menu includes chargrilled chicken, fish and steaks. Our home-made pastas and pizzas are a must have for all.A warm and inviting experience to be had. European and mediterranean specials are available daily also.
Reviewed 15 January 2017 via mobile

Visiting my son and his fiancé for Christmas from Winnipeg, Canada, we enjoyed dinner several times over Christmas & New Years.
As always, Murat and his staff, exceeded all expectations with great food, great wine, and excellent service. Whether it was seafood, pasta, pizza, steak, Greek Salad we never left his restaurant hungry or dissatisfied. If in the Donabate area, do not hesitate to enjoy some of Murat's great food and hospitality.

3  Thank Dennis P

Reviewed 28 December 2016 via mobile

Went to this place twice and I have a bit of mixed feeling for this restaurant. Overall,
I find this restaurant overpriced. For instance, a pasta dish would cost over 15 euro for a size that is not correlated to the price. But they do half price for ladies on Tuesday, which deals with the price issue. For the detail of the two visits, please see below:

First time - we got two 4 courses menu and also a side portion of steamed vegetable. (Paid roughly 56 euro)

Starter: Soup of the day
Chorizo and Chicken Salad

Main: Grill Chicken with mozzarella
Creamy pasta with chicken, broccoli and
smoked salmon

Dessert: Oreo Cheesecake
Ferrero Rocher Cheesecake

Drink: 2 Americano

The highlight of the meal was the soup and the coffee. The bread and soup were very fresh and so were the two coffee. The salad was ok but there is nothing special. The olive oil dressing was not the right choice of dressing for the salad. The main courses and desserts were mediocre. The staff was very friendly and approachable. The 4 course menu was a bit too much for us both, but we ordered that as the individual items were way over priced.

Second time - we went on Sunday lunch (around 56 euro as well)
We got the Castello Steak and a Sunday set meal (Starter, Main and a Soft Drink) - soup, 4
Cheese pizza and a Diet Coke.

Steak - asked for medium but it was fully cooked. I presume it was medium but after topping the steak up with mozzarella and melting it in the oven, that probably cooked the steak all the way. The steak was not tender, so it was disappointing.

Soup - very good, just like the first visit.

4 Cheese pizza - crust was stale and I didn't even eat 1/8 of the pizza.

Diet Coke- it was out of date for 3 months and I asked for a replacement.

The staff was friendly until I address the drink issue, where she said to me that the drink should be fine as they were a new batch, anyhow it was replaced. I did not address the pizza issue or the over cooked steak issue as my friend felt that it would create a lot of hassle where we could simply make the choice of not going again. But it was evident that I was not happy 1. I failed to sustain my smile after tasting the pizza and 2. Nearly a full pizza was left on the plate. We paid and tipped, but I ended up grabbing some snacks elsewhere.

Some pictures I have during the first visit

2  Thank Cyndi Pak Yi L
Reviewed 3 November 2016 via mobile

Opted for Combo meal- pizza ok, wings better, garlic bread (2 pieces-soggy), dessert of the day (a 5x7cm piece of choc brownie) and 2 drinks (a 330ml bottle). The staff member (very polite and friendly) did inform about the '2 drink' change.
Underwhelmed. Recommendation: go to the Chinese opposite! Excellent.

2  Thank Stephen S
Reviewed 2 August 2016

Fab food & service, friendly staff, lovely owner. One of our favourite spots.
Excellent for family occasions.

Reviewed 13 July 2016 via mobile

Myself and my wife got a takeaway from Pasta Castello this evening. The garlic bread had mould on it. We got 2 cans of coke with the food and they had a best before date of 8 months ago.

3  Thank Gary R