All reviewspool and saunaspa treatmentsnorth county dublinevening meal and breakfastmin drivefamily breakhome from homethis lovely hotelrecommend this hotelshort breakbed was very comfortablenight's sleepfamily roomgerryirelandskerriespampering
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

I visited Airport View Hotel this weekend and left feeling very unsure about whether I would visit again.

Upon arrival, we were checked in, fed and had items sent to our room all from the same person. Granted she did a fantastic job but still, the place seemed totally understaffed. This trend continued for the remainder of the day.

We arrived in our room to find there was no toilet paper, luckily avoiding what could have been a particularly embarrassing situation. They brought it up straight away but after 4 failed calls to reception. This was delivered by the same girl who checked us in and served our food so the blame cannot be put on her for this.

My main issue was with the spa which was an absolutely terrible experience. Firstly, there was nowhere to find towels or anything as there were no staff at the desk, or around at the pool. The pool was nice, however the sheer lack of anywhere to sit was ridiculous. There were about ten people there and 3 chairs. As there were no staff around we had to figure out how to use the sauna and stream room ourselves. Both of these rooms had absolute no lighting so trying to figure out the buttons was frustrating. I found the complete lack of staff at the spa completely ridiculous. Everyone else was walking in totally confused about where to get towels, gowns and slippers also, which were required to be in the pool area.

On top of this, I purchased a treatment for my friend and left details with the staff. Upon her time for treatment again no staff were available. Once she found someone and asked when she would be able to go, she was told that they were fully booked. My friend had to stop the staff member and explain numerous times she had a booking, despite me ringing earlier to confirm a time and explaining she would be coming up at 3.45. My friend eventually had to walk to reception in her bathing suit because nobody was available for at least a half hour between 3.15 - 3.45. I dealt with the same person and found her incredibly rude. She came out just before 5pm to tell me they needed me to pay now because they closed at 5, while I was out by the pool. At no point was I told this and had to get up to pay. I couldn't even charge it to the room or have a card machine brought in. The relaxation room also was dirty with huge cobwebs hanging from the ceiling. When I went to pay it seemed like it was the owner who was there to do the transaction because she was very friendly and helpful.

Bed was very comfortable and the room was clean and tidy.

Overall this was a very strange experience. I've never dealt with such lack of customer service bar the one girl who was working about 3/4 jobs at about 3pm. I really wanted to speak to someone about this to raise it in person however shockingly, there was nobody at reception to raise these issues and when I spoke to staff about talking with management, I was told they were not currently available.

This is not worth the money we paid, at all.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 May 2018

We went there in a scout's meeting and we had a bvery good experience.
All the staff was very polite and caring and the rooms, and surroundings very comfortable.
WE deeply recomend it for both meeting or relaxing hollidays.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Maria C
Reviewed 15 May 2018

I spent 5 night's at Airport View Hotel from Sunday 29th April until Friday 4th May. It was the best hotel I have ever stayed in!
Gerry and Annie made me feel so welcome- like 'Home from Home!'
I had several swims, saunas, and used the steam room - my bedroom even had a Jacuzzi!
The food was 2nd to none, but over and above all that was the lovely warm and friendly atmosphere and ambience which permeated the venue. The staff were excellent and all of this was created by Annie and Gerry.
I'll be back!
Thanks again.
Bill

Room Tip: All rooms are first class
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank William S
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

A fabulous hotel, we had a late lunch last week, the food was delicious, we enjoyed finishing our bottle of wine in the Whiskey room, with a fantastic view to the beautiful courtyard/garden. The staff are professional, friendly and very helpful.
Can’t wait to return

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 March 2018

Stayed here for one night and didn't want to leave. The welcome, the room, the food ( best steak ever), the spa ( superb!).... I could wax lyrical but I can't recommend this hotel highly enough. It's family run and the care and warmth radiates from the staff and the attention to detail. Booked me a cab to the airport- just 5 miles away so perfect for airport stopovers and so much better than the large corporate chains. Loved this place and I will return and stay longer!

Room Tip: My room was large and warm. Most rooms seem to be on the ground floor so accessibility isn't an issue.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo