Portmarnock Hotel and Golf Links
US$101
US$128
US$103
Savings alert! 45% below average rates

The price you found is 45% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$187/night.

US$141
US$138
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$154/night.

Marine Hotel(Sutton Cross)
US$164
US$137
US$123
US$196
US$110
Premier Inn Dublin Airport Hotel(Swords)(Great Value!)
US$97
PremierInn.com
US$198
US$152
1,324 results
All reviewsjameson barlinks courseirish seanew winggarden viewdeluxe roomlovely hoteldublin airportshort breakbeautiful roombar fooda lovely staydart stationfamily roommalahideosborneireland
Reviewed 12 April 2018

We had booked a deluxe room here after a difficult week with a view to just switching off, relaxing and treating ourselves to a bit of luxury. Our room was lovely, overlooking the golf course and across to the sea and a good size to spread out and relax. The bathroom was also a good size, with a double size shower. The problem we had was that the thermostat on the shower was faulty and I was slightly scalded trying to turn it off and exit the cubicle - something that could not have been foreseen but was nevertheless a bit of a shock. When we made the staff aware, Philip in particular was extremely helpful, trying to adjust the shower initially but then letting the manager know when it proved impossible to do this. I was given first aid treatment (which by the next morning had pretty much done the trick) and we were moved to a different room. Brendan, the Manager, took the matter seriously and although we would clearly have preferred for this not to have happened, it was dealt with professionally and very courteously. The reason for including this detail in the review is to show that things go wrong in the best run establishments, but what sets some aside is how they deal with them. We would not hesitate for a minute to return to the Portmarnock, or to recommend it to others.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank batandball2016
Reviewed 9 April 2018

Although we frequent this bar regularly after a walk on the beach, we thought the recent changes in the food menu were a rip off. For a very small portion of chips (what would fit in a standard cup) cost €4. These wouldn't fill a 6 year old, and even as an accompaniment weren't great, a bit soggy.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Andrew D
David M, General Manager at Portmarnock Hotel and Golf Links, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Dear Andrew D,

Thank you for your review.

The price of a portion of chips has not changed and has been €4 for almost two years now. The portion size of our home cut chips, the chip bowl and size of chip bowl has not changed neither. If you were dissatisfied with the chips on your last visit or wanted additional you should have simply asked your server. I am sure he or she checked with you for satisfaction on the day. We would always be happy to exchange on the day however unfortunately TripAdvisor cannot do that for you.

Regards

Reviewed 6 April 2018

We have just returned from our second visit in two weeks to the lovely and luxurious Portmarnock hotel north of Dublin. As always we found the staff so helpful and friendly, especially Alexandra on reception although ALL the receptionist staff were excellent and only too eager to help. Special mention must be made of Isabella and Marie-Jo at breakfast time in the 1780 room who made us feel so welcome as if we were long-time friends. These are the things that make the hotel so special to us and one of our favourites in all Ireland - so thanks all, your kindness, welcoming smile and friendliness did not go unnoticed; you are all top-notch. The breakfast as usual was delicious with such variety.
After the recent refurbishment, the décor is beautiful, the foyer definitely 4star and the bedrooms really gorgeous. The corridors are brighter and the whole ambience so inviting and restful. Thanks for putting us up on floor 3 - the first time we stayed in room 303 with the delightful sea-view and the second time we stayed in 315 which was lovely and quiet and so cheerful.
We were not disappointed with any aspect of the hotel and look forward to returning, hopefully soon again. Thank you for making guests feel special; your efforts have not been taken for granted.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back have uninterrupted views of the sea and Howth.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Dear royreyno,

Thank you for your review.

I am delighted to read you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you for your kind words. I will be sharing your feedback with Alexandra, Izabella, Mary Jo and the team for which they will very much appreciate.

Many thanks and I look forward to welcoming you back agin in the future

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Stayed 2 nights Easter Monday & Tuesday. The hotel is a lovely place to stay its bright & modern. Beautiful views from the seaview bar & the Jameson bar is a lovely place to relax & unwind. The room we were in was larger than the average hotel bedroom & was clean & warm. The staff were very helpful & friendly.
Breakfast was a disaster, we queued for 25 minuets to get a table for 2. My wife took a cereal only to find there was no milk in the churn, she made a member of staff in a suit aware & he said he would get some milk for her. After at least 10/15 minutes & 4 requests later a different member of staff finally refilled the milk (must have been milking the cow). I went for the hot buffet food only to find there was very little left. I took the last bit of black pudding, there were no sausages left & the bacon was really fatty & looked under cooked it actually looked like it had been boiled! I wanted some toast but there was a queue for the only toaster available so I didn't bother as my breakfast would have been freezing. The lady at the table next to me had asked for a fried egg, as you have to order them, & when I was leaving she was almost finished her food & the egg hadn't arrived, I met her later that night & she told me it didn't come at all (maybe they couldn't catch the chicken).
Next morning we checked out early & although we had paid for breakfast, we were not prepared to go through that again. We have stayed in many hotels & that experience of breakfast was a first.
The hotel is lovely & the staff are lovely & I would stay at this hotel again on a room only basis, as you can get a lovely breakfast in Malahide cheaper, nicer & a lot less hassle.
Cant help but feel disappointed!!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bigmo68

Dear bigmo68,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

I am sorry to read that breakfast was a disappointing experience for you. Our breakfast offering is something that attracts many people to come and stay at our hotel as it is the highlight of their visit. However, albeit rare, sometimes things don't run according to plan and we get things wrong. All I can say is that I am very sorry that your experience was not the normal enjoyable breakfast experience. I do hope that you revisit for breakfast on your next stay so as we can restore your faith in us.

I thank you and look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back again the future

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

We are just back from a 2 day family stay, we had a two year old and a 6 month old baby, every member of staff we encountered from arriving to leaving was very friendly and helpful and very attentive to the children. Food was delicious and the setting is beautiful. We will definitely be returning.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Dear Chris K,

Thank you for your review.

Really nice to read your review. Delighted to read you enjoyed your recent visit to our hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back again