“Great Breakfast”

Ranked #28 of 56 Restaurants in Malahide
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

We stopped in for breakfast before our visit to Malahide Castle. All 4 of us enjoyed our breakfast. My husband enjoyed the full Irish and my son had the French toast and my mom and I had the carrot cake. It was delicious and the service was good.

TheGardenHouseCafe, Guest Relations Manager at The Garden House Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2017

Dear Sadie

Many thanks for your review, we are always delighted to hear when visitors have a great experience in our cafe and look forward to passing on your comments to our staff.

Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

I have very fond memories of this garden centre and cafe. It's back to its best, beautiful ambience, lovely dishes on the menu, variety for everyone's taste. Will. W back soon .

Dear Maria

Many thanks for your kind words, much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 2 March 2017

I called in with my brother in law and his wife after a pleasant walk in Malahide castle opposite this garden center. We browsed around the plants for a while as my wife and I are planning to change things in our garden back home.
Then after a while we decided to try out the cafe my sister in law was raving about.
She was right but my problem was my dog who while on a lead couldn't come in to the coffee shop. Now to access the coffee shop you have to go all the way through the shop and out to the rear where you can dine in comfort. The staff were very accommodating and suggested we tie the lead to a chair under a thatched roof so as to give my dog shelter.
Then I got the largest Victoria Sponge I have ever had, which was delicious indeed. The only complaint would be that there was too much cream. I am going for my annual check up with my Doctor and I didn't want my cholesterol to be too high. So I scraped off the surplus cream and still had a wonderful cake. The coffee was excellent as was the service. It is a bit on the expensive side but you have to treat your in laws every once in a while.
I would go there again as it is family friendly and has very nice food.

Dear Seamus

Thank you for your review, we were delighted to hear that your visit was so pleasant for you all and will pass on your comments on the excess cream to the cafe. We hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 28 February 2017 via mobile

Went for lunch and had a really good meal. The quality of the food is very good with inventive additions to make a meal different - for example "skinny chips with parmesan" a sensible selection of meals without too wide a choice.
Cakes baked on the premises, I had a delicious coffee cake, it was huge! Staff friendly and attentive, for a Mon in February it was very nearly full with a constant flow of customers - that speaks volumes!
Perhaps a bit on the pricey side.

Dear Chris

Many thanks for your review of our Cafe, we were delighted to hear you enjoyed your meal and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

Visited this morning for the first time. Breakfast with a friend. The food was fine and the service was efficient, but it cost €32 for two breakfasts with tea. Easily €10+ more than it should have been.

There are lots of nice places in Malahide for breakfast. I'll probably try one of those other places next time I'm in the area.

1  Thank FD85114

Hi there

Many thanks for your review, we were pleased to learn that both food and service were fine during your recent visit.