All reviews drinks reception wedding venue wedding reception golf buggy fish and chip shop from start to finish o neill wedding co ordinator wedding review moment we set foot west cork amazing wedding sunday lunch ran so smoothly function room a family run hotel dream wedding
Reviewed 31 October 2018

Had a wonderful evening here. It started with a talk by Michael Jnr on the famous
people who were born around the area. It was most educational. After this we were giiven a gin cocktail, before moving in for dinner. The 5 course dinner was based on
Irish & American cuisenes, because some of the people in the talk achieved fame in USA. His cousin from America, who is a Master chef, provided the American input. At our table there was a good split in choice, most taking some American dishes too. Everyone professed themselves extremely well fed and delighted to have the choice!
It was a great idea, and I would like to compliment Michael on the concept and the
food, The Hotel and Gardens were most attractive too.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 October 2018

My brother got married in Fernhill House Hotel in late September 2018.
The staff on the day were top class. I dealt with Neil O'Neill in the build up to the big day to put on a slide show type film and he was very accommodating and professional, a real gent.

On the day itself the staff were so pleasant, from Hazel in check in to the young men and women serving the tables. Always smiling and nothing phased them.

We had people who travelled from the States and Australia and they couldn't get over how good the food tasted when serving so many.

I could go on and on and I'm sure my mother and other family members would want me to.

It genuinely was the perfect setting, meal and atmosphere.

Well done to all and top marks to everyone involved.

Well done.

Paul Triggs & Family
(On behalf of Barry & Jane)

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Michael F, Owner at Fernhill House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2018

A chara,

My name is Michael Jnr and I am one of the fourth generation of the O'Neill family here at Fernhill.

Thank you very much for your lovely review, we really appreciated it. Weddings are always a really great family occasion so we were overjoyed that you enjoyed it. It is also especially nice to hear that the overseas guests enjoyed our Irish hospitality.

I passed on your comments to my brother Neil and he really appreciated it.

Thank you again for taking the time and we will be delighted to welcome you back to Fernhill again in the future.

Is mise le meas,

Michael O Neill Jnr,

4th generation proprietor,

Fernhill House.

Reviewed 26 October 2018 via mobile

This hotel was set above a beautiful garden which you can take a walk around. The staff were lovely and accomidating. The room was very nice and comfortable. The breakfast was lovely and freshly cooked.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Michael F, Owner at Fernhill House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2018

A chara,

Hello, my name is Michael jnr and I am one of the fourth generation of the O'Neill family here at Fernhill House.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your time at Fernhill. However, we were a disappointed that you did not enjoy your experience to the fullest though as you reviewed us 4/5 and below our average rating. We strive for the best and will work hard to improve. Hopefully you will have a better experience next time. We would greatly appreciate it if you could let us know why you marked us down so that we could see how we could improve..

Is mise le meas,

Michael O'Neill jnr,

Fourth generation proprietor,

Fernhill House Hotel & Gardens.

Reviewed 23 October 2018

We had our wedding reception in Fernhill House Hotel in mid September 2018. When we were looking for a venue we went to Fernhill on a Sunday for a walk around and just to get a feel for the place, we didn't expect to meet anyone or get to discuss the venue. Michael O Neill came out to meet us and spend an hour and a half chatting to us. There was no big sell, no waffle, just genuine conversation. Straight away we knew Fernhill was going to be hard to beat. That first impression was not wrong. From that very moment Michael, the rest of the O Neill family and of course the amazing wedding coordinator Ann Cullinane were absolutely fantastic to deal with. Nothing was a problem. So friendly, so down to earth but so smooth and professional. As Michael said to us that first day...shur its west cork!

The day was just absolute perfection. They really do weddings amazingly well. The marquee was pristine, the gardens were stunning and the food was gorgeous. So many of our guests raved about the food and I cant blame them as it was absolutely amazing. They went above and beyond with all the small touches would might never think of yourself and anything we asked them to do for us they had it already done.

We are so thrilled with our day and so glad we went on first impressions. Thank you so much Ann and the O Neill Family.

If you want a faultless, utterly professional and friendly venue for your wedding day, Fernhill House Hotel is it.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2018 via mobile

My husband & I had our wedding reception at Fernhill house hotel in September 2018. Fernhill House Hotel & Gardens is an amazing wedding venue. The beautiful gardens, elegant marquee & quaint welcoming house / reception areas are perfect for an exclusive wedding. It is run to impeccable standards by the O'Neill family & all their staff. They were a pleasure to deal with from day 1 to the day after our wedding. We were thrilled with the coordination and services provided. Our guests were blown away by their service. Could not fault the hotel / management in the slightest! No hesitation in recommending Fernhill for a wedding / celebration venue

Trip type: Travelled with family