1,613 results
All reviews leisure centre anne marie station bar kids club old railway swimming pool the general manager self catering family break steam room lovely hotel bar food welcome pack last weekend would highly recommend this hotel hotel bar mussels
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Myself,wife and 5 yo son stayed here for one night having booked using a Supervalu breaks voucher we received for Xmas. Any worries about problems or confusion arising from booking using a voucher we're allayed quickly as we were checked in without any fuss.

The room was very comfortable and the heating worked great,a definite plus given how cold it was whilst we were there. Room was clean and well maintained,I especially loved the old travel posters that lined the wall of the corridors and lobby.

We had dinner in the hotel,food was excellent. The colouring mat and crayons for our son was a nice touch and kept him amused between courses. The staff were exceptional and couldn't do enough to help. The same goes for breakfast in the same place the next morning,lovely food and excellent service.

Wouldn't hesitate to recommend the hotel for anyone heading out west. It really is an amazing part of the world and the hotel is in a great location to explore all that it has to offer.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank JohnK9874
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

I had the pleasure of staying in the Clifden Station House hotel on 2 occasions in the last month for business. We were a group of 25 people. The hotel were amazing, I couldn’t compliment them enough. Annemarie and her extended team went out of their way to ensure our stay was as effortless and comfortable as possible. Nothing was a problem! They were very professional and helpful, accommodating any of our requests including serving a hot lunch for 25 people in a remote area of Connemara on short notice. I really hope to be back soon

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank ems2008
Reviewed 28 March 2018

Three of us were traveling and were looking for a place close to Connemara - Clifden Station House was perfect. it was a short drive from Kylemore Abbey. We had a family room that was a perfect for three of us. It was clean and there was a fridge in the room. We ate at the tavern next door which was good and convenient. Irish breakfast was fantastic. The pool was small and kids were not allowed starting fairly early in the evening - I believe 7 pm. Overall a very positive experience.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Marilyn M
Reviewed 27 March 2018

When I booked this hotel for my group of 30 adult students I was a little worried that being a large hotel some of the personal touch would have been lost. I couldn't have been more wrong! The hotel, the food, the rooms, the cleanliness, the position and the spa were all perfect and the staff were exceptional! Annemarie is fantastic - competent, out going
with a great sense of humour - she really went out of her way to help us the whole time we were there. Paddy was also fantastic.I don't know the names of the other members of staff but each one was friendly and helpful. We loved Crunchy Friday!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank italianjane
Reviewed 22 March 2018

On St Patrick's weekend Boherquill Ramblers Walking Club had a most enjoyable weekend in Clifden. The hotel gave excellent service and the manager Annemarie was a pleasure to deal with. We will be back!

2  Thank Ciara1220