“Excellent experience”
Review of Donemark West

Donemark West
Ranked #2 of 42 Restaurants in Bantry
Reviewed 8 April 2018

We recently stopped here on the off chance for Sunday lunch and were extremely pleased to find we could be accommodated. This restaurant is small and having now eaten there, I can see why people are booking ahead to avoid disappointment.
The staff were all extremely helpful and friendly, the general atmosphere was really great. Although the restaurant is small, there was plenty of room between table and there no feeling of being on top of other diners. It is a very intimate venue.
And now to the food, absolutely perfect, we all eat every bite and loved it. The sauces were sublime, the meat cooked to perfection and the presentation first class.
All in all, a really wonderful place for Sunday lunch and we are now planning to return for an evening meal very soon- we'll be booking ahead next time though.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

We visit Bantry/Glengariff quite regularly and up until now my restaurant of choice would always have been The Fish Kitchen ( still lovely-we ate there Easter Saturday night!) but things may be about to change!! We had a wonderful meal for four here at lunchtime on Easter Sunday. The menu choices were great. The food was lovely. The service was friendly and efficient. The steak I had was the best I have ever eaten in a restaurant. All four of us were pleased. My Aunt who lives locally would have some mobility issues and it’s nice when people are helpful in an unobtrusive and genuine way. I really cannot speak highly enough of this great place. It provides quality and value in a lovely atmosphere- what more can you ask for? I highly recommend Donemark West!

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I think dinner at Donemark West was one of the best meals I have ever had. To say the food was delicious is an understatement!!

The Amuse-Bouche was incredible and I would happily have eaten that as my starter/appetiser. To start we ordered the scallops and the Brie - both were so tasty and good we couldn’t stop ourselves from cleaning the plates! Our meal just got better and better. My boyfriend had the John Dory special and I had the fillet steak... these along with the sides were again delicious! We couldn’t even resist dessert....

The staff were the best, friendliest, most kind and most informative I have come across!

I will definitely be returning in the near future, well worth the hours drive... I would recommend a meal in Donemark West if you are in the proximity of Bantry - it was superb!

Reviewed 5 April 2018

This place is such a gem.
Visited here with my boyfriend and some family recently and was totally blown away. Their menu is quite varied and offers lots of choice. I had the brie fritters for a starter and they were really delicious. I had the steak for the main course and it was absolutely DEVINE. One of the best steaks I've had anywhere. The steak comes with many sides included such as: carrots, parsnips and mangetout and garlic potatoes. It was cooked to perfection and really yummy.
They were very accommodating with sauces on the side and other requests.Service is great and the meals were brought out in perfect time. They also had a variety of specials, which were very tempting.
The desserts were really fabulous as well. I would highly recommend the apple crumble, it was delicious (maybe a little too sweet, but I still really enjoyed it).
From start to finish, this place impressed. I had heard great reviews from many people and have been dying to try it since. I lived locally for years and now come back to visit a few times a year, but it really is a delightful spot to visit.
Well done to Noel and crew and thanks for a lovely meal.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

One of the best meals we have had in long time. Good choice on menu and all our meals were superb. Restaurant is small and nice and relaxing atmosphere. Well worth a visit if ever down Bantry way