“Lovely food but bring your coat!”
Review of La Vissuta

La Vissuta
Ranked #14 of 23 Restaurants in Tuam
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

I had a lovely meal here with a friend in January. We had starters, mains, dessert & coffee. The food was great, really delicious. The service was also great. Very nice staff. I'd highly recommend it BUT....oh my goodness will ye please turn on the heat!! It was so cold in there!!!!! FREEZING!!!!!

1  Thank Bananarama2000

Reviewed 22 January 2017

Had dinner here last night with my husband and two adult children. We all had different mains and they were all really good. I had the sirloin steak and it was one of the best steaks I have eaten. Was really surprised when I read the negative reviews as I have eaten here lots of times and have always found the food and the service great and last night was the same. Would have nothing negative to say about any of my visits here.

4  Thank Brenda D
Reviewed 20 January 2017 via mobile

Ate here several times, highly recommend the steak on the stone....it's fab!!! Good food at reasonable price :)

2  Thank aoifej619
Reviewed 24 December 2016 via mobile

We visited for our anniversary and really enjoyed our food. The portions are huge and everything tasted great. Staff were nice and friendly. However...we visited around 7pm on a Sunday (and I understand it's a family restaurant) but it was so loud with children screaming and shouting. We were annoyed that our conversation was drowned out by Frozen on a child's ipad at the table next to us and I don't think it should be allowed in restaurants especially for evening dining. The food really was great but I doubt I'll be back.

3  Thank Sarah C
Reviewed 18 December 2016 via mobile

Second time here, first time the food was ok, this time we should have left when the the waitress, who we nicknamed 'waitless', ignored us for 15 minutes. With only 5 tables occupied, there was no excuse for the delays in taking orders, serving drinks and to top it all, two main courses were incorrect!
When we complained we got the most insincere 'sorry' ever.
No manager available when we were exiting , we wanted to leave a 'tip', sack the lazy staff, and get your house in order!
Lots of new places open now in this town so we will vote with our feet and walk by from now on, best that you do the same until there are changes....

3  Thank Looneytuams