US$84
TripAdvisor
Lotties Villa(Loughrea)
TripAdvisor
Agoda.com
All reviewsloughrea hotelrooftop barthermal suitelake viewlovely hotellir barfunction roomrelaxing breakfriends weddinggalway cityfood was lovelysteam roomlast weekendwould highly recommend this hotelwedding receptionfrom start to finishtop class
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed at your hotel, a Xmas gift from our son.
Speedy check-in with a friendly receptionist (Laura).
We ate both nights and thoroughly enjoyed our food. The staff are very friendly and a credit to the hotel.
Breakfast on both mornings was very nice. My only objection is queuing up for the cooked breakfast. I have never come across this before and I found it a bit disconcerting. A queue very quickly built up, thank God I had finished mine, and was watching this unfold.
We drove to Cong where The Quiet Man was filmed, an hour's journey from the hotel. The scenery on the way is spectacular. A nice place to visit but very commercialized, quiet man this quiet man that.
Overall a very pleasant stay.
Again, thumbs up to the staff.

1  Thank Priscilla J
Reviewed 26 March 2018

Nice hotel with lovely staff.

The room was comfortable but a little stuffy due to the heating system but fortunately it was warm enough to leave it off on our 2nd night.

We ordered breakfast (full Irish) to the room which was delicious both mornings.

The bar is nice and relaxing.

Would definitely return.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Although it was mother’s day, the bar wasn’t very busy when we visited so no excuse for such bad service.
First my meal chicken curry and rice came out but with barely any chicken, the nice waitress was all apologies and offered to get me another. I was a while waiting but twice staff came over and apologised which was good and explained a new batch was almost ready. If I had known at the start they were waiting on a new batch I would have been happy with a different meal. Up to now I wouldn’t have wrote this complaint.
New meal given to me and didn’t look the prettiest, looked like thrown on the plate not like original plate I got but it was very tasty.
Then we wanted coffees, no sign of any staff or couldn’t catch anyone’s eye for about 15minutes so in the end I got up and asked one of the female staff for 2coffees, I actually thought from the loom she gave me that maybe it wasn’t her job or something I even said to my husband I wouldn’t be surprised if the coffees didn’t come and they didn’t. So I ordered again from another member of staff and they came about 10 minutes later.
Then came time to pay, the lad was have problems finding our order on the till, I told him what we had but he gave me a bill for 3 meals and 4 coffees, I told him again what we had and again got a wrong bill, at this stage I was getting really fed up of the place.
Nice place but service needs serious attention

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

Just spent last night at this hotel. We stayed in a suite and it was gorgeous. Hotel a bit faded and jaded in places but lovely staff. However, my main purpose for this review is to recommend the beautiful spa. I have travelled the world and had spa treatments in numerous hotels from Singapore to Mauritius. Today I booked in to have a Deep Tissue Massage. The room was lovely, v warm, comfortable and inviting. My therapist was Vivienne, who was FANTASTIC!! I have never had as nice a deep tissue massage as I had today! She really knew her stuff and worked on my back neck and shoulders in particular using her hands and her arms in long sweeping firm movements. I felt totally rejuvenated after it! The only shame was I had no cash on me, had to paid by card and was unable to leave a tip by card, which is a great shame. Anyway, I am giving this spa, but this therapist in particular- 5 stars, I’m only sorry I don’t live locally or I would be a regular every week!!

2  Thank Lorna362
Reviewed 22 March 2018

My family recently took me for a surprise lunch to the Lough Rea Hotel on Mothers Day. From the outset, I was impressed = beautiful big function room, beautifully decorated, white linen, all waiters immaculately turned out and plenty of them - wonderful meet and greet and shown to our table immediately. So my expectations were high. But it all ended there. Our waiter, a very young and to me very inexperienced waiter eventually took our drinks order having being prompted by my daughter. The drinks arrived after 20 mins - not what we ordered. Another 10 mins before they came again. No one came to take our order and again we had to call on a passing waiter to arrange same. Starters arrived and again after some time we had to prompt a passing waiter to remove the dishes. After another long wait my husband and son in law dinner arrived and then my two grandchildren. 20 mins later my daughter and my dinner still had not arrived. At this point, my daughter asked to speak to a Manager who appeared out of the kitchen in a flurry. My daughter explained the circumstances re our meal (she didnt mention the other items) and the Manager proceeded to tell her that we must have our meal that all meals were gone from the kitchen...!!! And promptly said there was no charge for the meal and returned to the kitchen. And after another 15 minuttes when we were just getting up to leave my daughter and my meal arrived. From what we could see a number of guests were lodging complaints about the service. There was no evidence of a manager or supervisor managing the floor and meals were coming out and going to the wrong tables and there seemed to be total confusion. The Manager that spoke to my daughter never appeared again not did she check to see if everything was ok. We were not concerned about paying for the meal, we would have preferred more attention to detail and feeling someone was looking after our concerns and addressing the issues we raised. And to look around us and see that someone was managing the service and all the waiting staff that were in situ. I cant blame the young waiter, it was obvious he was inexperienced and new and had no direction whatsoever from a Manager. My daughter and I had an appointment in the spa at the hotel and I can only say that this was a wonderful experience, such attentive and well organised and professional staff in beautiful surroundings....I needed it at that stage following the stressful lunch!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family