All reviewstoo good to be trueluxury accommodationlarge bushotel caterssecurity staffinteresting lifedining roomrooms were spotlesshotel is situatedthe hotel managerother hotelsgood sizestaff were so friendlyold worldbacon cabbageirish musicgreat atmosphere
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

Hotel has everything going for it,except its restaurant!

Staff were welcoming, friendly, helpful..

Beautiful setting. Fabulous views. Edge of the Burren. Close to Cliffs of Moher..

Good clean rooms. Helpful,happy staff.

Just don't eat there!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 October 2017

I came here with my partner for the matchmaking festival, expecting to enjoy a nice weekend of dining and dancing, but oh what a letdown. the hotel itself looks decent enough but our room was not good enough. I have never seen such a scratched laminate floor! We tried to go in to to the restaurant for dinner but were told by a waitress, named Vanessa, that were two minutes too early and to come back later. We presumed she was having the craic, but she was genuinely serious. When we came back, ten minutes later, the restaurant was almost empty, so it was hard to fathom why we were not allowed in earlier. Apparently though, we had irritated this young lady and she very begrudgingly took our order. I had tortellini, 5 pieces of them with a bit of sauce and half a plate of salad. My partner had bacon. He shouldn't have. One of the worst restaurant experiences of our lives was wrapped up with no offer of dessert, tea or coffee or even another drink. Just a presentation of the bill. After that we headed into the hotel bar, where I was served an awful imitation of a mojito after waiting for an eternity. We left after one drink as it was just just too crowded and frankly, unpleasant. Sleep was impossible though as the corridors did not appear to be properly controlled and it was constantly noisy. Breakfast in the morning was mass produced, unthoughtful and similar to a cattle mart. All in all, a terrible weekend and I can in no way, shape or form, recommend this hotel and even though I made my unhappiness known, I was still asked to leave my opinions on Tripadvisor by the receptionist when we checked out. Fair enough.

Room Tip: I do not know if they have better rooms than ours, but try and ask for a quiet one.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2017

I stayed here last weekend, 6th to 8th October, 2017 and I was very impressed with the warm welcome from the Hotel Manager, Home and from all the reception and room preparation staff there. The room and bed were very comfortable and I did manage to get some good sleep despite all the wonderful festivities on in the hotel! The Restaurant food was very good and varied and well-presented. The staff in the Restaurant were all very helpful and good at their job of providing a quality service and in making people welcome and at ease, especially the Restaurant Supervisor, Vanessa from Venezuela.

Room Tip: 'Top of the house' is the best.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 October 2017

Great experience during the Festival which took place during October 2015. The Hydro Hotel was the epicenter of the activities. It's cozy atmosphere and it's central location in Lisdoonvarna makes it the perfect place to stay. Would like to mention the friendliness of the memberd of the staff, specially Vanessa who would always greet guests with a smile. Definitely recomended!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 October 2017

Traveled from Chicago to Lisdoonvarna for the annual Matchmaking Festival, which led us to the Hydro Hotel. When every other place was booked up, the Hydro not only gave us a reservation, they sold us a weekend festival package that worked out fantastic. Upon arrival, we received our wristbands for the weekend along with our pass to use all hotel facilities (the bar, the nightclub) for free during the festival. The staff was very friendly and gave us suggestions for places to eat, drink, catch good live music in the town.

While the hotel room seems dated upon stepping inside, it really is modern, with a high-pressure always hot water shower and comfy beds! The bar was a great time and the staff was so friendly! Regardless of the festival, you could tell that this is a fun place year round.

Thanks Hydro for a great stay and I look forward to when you open your books for next year so I can make my festival booking again!!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends