Hodson Bay Hotel
US$369
Official Site
Shamrock Lodge Hotel Athlone(Athlone)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$152
US$186
US$158
Orbitz.com
The Prince of Wales Hotel(Athlone)(Great Value!)
US$209
Hotels.com
Athlone Springs Hotel(Athlone)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$109
Travelocity
Creggan Court(Athlone)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$92
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
The Grand Hotel(Moate)(Great Value!)
US$99
Cooneys Hotel(Ballymahon)
US$158
No availability for your dates from our partners
2,264 results
All reviewskids clubl'escale restaurantretreat sectionretreat roomwine tastingleisure centreolder partnew wingthermal suitelake viewfamily breakbusy hotelbar foodtop classmain restaurantlovely hotelgolf course
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 September 2016 via mobile

Spent a couple of hours here for a business meeting.
The location is fantastic and the hotel is comfortable and spacious. I didn't have time to explore around the area but it would seem there is a lot to see and the Hodson Bay could be an ideal location from which explore!

I had the carvery lunch in the Waterfront Lounge. Good choice available. The service was OK, although the servers might have been clearer about what was available. Also, the serving area might be a little better laid out (no glasses for drinks apparent within the serving area, for example). I had the fish option, together with a variety of vegetables. While these were ok, i thought the portions were quite small. My main issue was that, despite the fact that I was among the first customers there, none of the food was particularly hot, not sufficiently so as to cause me to complain, but not great. Unusually in this day and age nobody asked me if I was happy, or if I'd like anything else. If they had I might well have pointed out the lack of heat in the food served. Indeed I might also have had a dessert, or a coffee!

So, the Hodson Bay Hotel has most of the elements to be an excellent place to be; just a bit more customer attention and they'll be there!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
3  Thank Diarmuidog
Timothy_Hayes, Managing Director at Hodson Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2016

Dear Diarmuidog,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a comprehensive review about our Hotel on Trip Advisor however there are some areas for concern.

I was disappointed to read of your experiences with the food and service you received on this occasion. I will ensure to relay this constructive feedback to the food and beverage team who always work so hard to ensure our guests stay is to a very high standard.

I want to assure you that on this occasion your experience was what i would consider an exception rather than a norm for us here at the Hodson Bay Hotel.

However i want to thank you for your comments about our Hotel and its beautiful location. We here at the Hodson Bay Hotel feel very privileged to have such amazing surroundings to look at every day and to offer our guests all year round.

If you decide to stay with us again in the not to distant future, please do not hesitate to contact me as i would like to meet you in person and apologise for your shortcomings.

Reviewed 21 September 2016 via mobile

A nice hotel that had great meals including breakfast which was had good variety, the bowl of porridge smothered in Irish whiskey is a hit at 9am
Don't hold your breath for a car park cos every man and his dog take all the carpark spaces.
Rooms are clean when you enter but room cleaning doesn't get done if you are still in your room, you get a bag of towels dropped inside your door.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
4  Thank Shaune66

Dear Shaune66,

Thank you for your lovely review on Trip Advisor. I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay here at The Hodson Bay Hotel.

I will pass on your kind words to the Breakfast Team and I will make sure to display your kind words in our team’s facilities as its important for staff morale.
I will also ensure to pass on your comments to the accommodation department so to ensure that future guests always receive the best service when they come to stay with us here at the Hodson Bay Hotel.

We thank you for this feedback as it helps us ensure that our guests experience at the Hodson Bay Hotel is a lasting and memorable one.

Time Hayes

Reviewed 21 September 2016 via mobile

I recently brought a group to the Hodson Bay Hotel for an overnight stay for dinner bed & breakfast and was more than pleased. The rooms were spotlessly clean and airy. The staff could not have been more accommodating friendly and polite. From my first dealings with William in reservations to Declan on arrival, Aileen and Paula and front of house, everything was first class. We had a delicious meal on Sunday evening and later entertained by a brilliant band, a husband and wife we believe, the group thoroughly enjoyed the music and stayed until the very end of the evening. We cannot recommend our visit highly enough and we will definitely be returning real soon
Chris

Stayed: September 2016
6  Thank mary c

Dear mary c,

Thank you for your fantastic review on Trip Advisor. I would like to thank you and your friends for choosing The Hodson Bay Hotel for your get-together. We feel very privileged to have shared in this happy occasion with you and that you all enjoyed your stay.

It was great to hear that you found the standards throughout the hotel to be of such a high calibre and I will endeavour to pass on your kind words to Declan our duty manager William in reservations, and to Paula & Aileen our dedicated reception team who always strive to exceed our guests expectations.

We look forward to the future and we welcome you back again if you or your colleagues choose to stay with us here at the Hodson Bay Hotel, Spa & Leisure.

Reviewed 19 September 2016

Just had our second visit to the Hudson Bay. We were elated with our room in the quiet part of the hotel . Everything was spotless and service impeccable. A fridge was quickly delivered upon request to our room.

Our evening meal was superb and great value. Our special thanks to the lovely Hungarian waiter Atila . He certainly made it a memorable occasion.

Also thanks to the lovely lady at reception from Roscommon.

Will be back next year.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
7  Thank roxyrandwick

Dear roxyandwick,

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. It was great to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit at The Hodson Bay Hotel.

It was great to see that our standard of customer service throughout the hotel was fantastic and I will make sure to display your kind words in our staff facilities. Its important for staff morale to get recognition for their hard work and dedication.

I will make sure to pass on your kind words to the reception team and to our waiter Atila. We feel very privileged to have such experienced and dedicated employees working here within our Hotel.

Once again thank you for your wonderful feedback and your valued custom. We hope to see you again in the not to distant future.

Reviewed 17 September 2016 via mobile

I stayed at the hodson bay hotel for a wedding. The hotel staff are very friendly and couldn't do enough for you. The food was excellent and rooms very clean and spacious. Would definitely recommend this hotel and will be staying again soon.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
6  Thank Keke20q0
James_Dilleen, General Manager at Hodson Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2016

Dear Keke20q0,

Thank you for your recent TripAdvisor review. Its great that you had a memorable stay as part of the wedding experience. I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to the team here.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel should your travels next bring you to Athlone.

Kind Regards,