“enjoyable”

Athlone Springs Hotel
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Athlone
Reviewed 1 August 2017

Reception staff very pleasant and helpful, stayed for one night and had the evening bar platter which was lovely.
Breakfast dreadful short staffed cooked food not impressive short supply and dried up.
Bedrooms adequate, very comfortable bed which was good.
Overall would have been very good if the breakfast was better and more staff on board.

Room Tip: twin room very good
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
dncross, General Manager at Athlone Springs Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Dear AnneHME

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I am pleased to hear that you found the receptionist team to be very friendly and helpful. The evening platter in the bar is indeed lovely. We pride ourselves on our tasty, plentiful and efficient breakfast here within the Hotel so I do apologise that it was not to your liking. I can assure you that should you return it will be of the utmost standard. Please send me an email to dcross@athlonespringshotel.com before your next stay.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

Purple Purple everywhere,that's what we called the colour in the 70's I am sure the designer told the owners it was a completely different name.Varnished plywood and tired soft urnishings are also in abundance. I kept expecting to see the ghostly figures of Enna Peel or Jason King in his matching shirt and tie to come drifting across the reception area. The WiFi in my room was the same quality as it would have been in 1970. Definitely needs a revamp. One to avoid.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
dncross, General Manager at Athlone Springs Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Dear RobertoLopez1955

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. All constructive feedback is greatly appreciated. Modern day society empowers us all with free speech allowing us to formulate our own personal opinions which may or may not be agreed with. From your review I understand that purple may not be your colour of preference. However maybe you have not considered the following: Purple combines the calm stability of blue and the fierce energy of red. The color purple is often associated with royalty, nobility, luxury, power, and ambition. Purple also represents meanings of wealth, extravagance, creativity, wisdom, dignity, grandeur, devotion, peace, pride, mystery, independence, and magic. In relation to our Wi-Fi we have the best available in our area, you will not get better in Athlone. That said we are always constantly lobbying through the appropriate channels to improve the already outstanding services and infrastructure of Athlone.

Please send me an email to dcross@athlonespringshotel.com if you do choose to return as I will ensure that your stay is of the highest standard!

I very much look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

We recently went for a short break to Athlone springs. We usually go abroad each summer, but decided to stay in Ireland and do something different. So, after I heard this hotel mentioned in a radio competition, I thought it sounded perfect, having a pool and jacuzzi, and a top class restaurant. It's a handy drive down the m4 and m6 and the first thing we did was go for a swim. The pool is lovely, a nice temperature and the jacuzzi is large. My husband and I spent a few minutes there. After this, we asked about restaurants at the desk and the receptionist booked us into a little chinese restaurant in the town centre. This was very enjoyable, not mad expensive and I had my favorite Thai green curry. We had a nite cap in the reception since it was late when we returned to the hotel and my son was with us.So the following morning, we had a sumptuous breakfast. I missed the option of a fried egg. That would be my only issue with the food. But it was delicious otherwise. We then headed off to where the Viking boat tour starts behind Athlone castle. That was a great adventure and we were lucky with the weather. We did get two drunk young ladies who seemed to be on a hens weekend. And picked our front seats in the boat to plonk down. But we weren't going to let that affect us. We still loved every minute of our viking tour on the Shannon. After this we visited Athlone castle, with it's amazing history and cosume gallery. And then had lunch in The melody bistro. Very nice indeed.Me and Oisin went for a dip before dinner. That evening we dined in The Cedars restaurant in the hotel. That was a treat and we had very little room left for a drink from the bar. But we had one. On the Sunday morning we headed out to play pitch n putt, followed by a visit to Glendeer farm. Our last night in Athlone was spent at Pavarottis Italian restaurant, which was excellent. And we took a short stroll around the riverbank and took a few nice night photos. All in all, our weekend was fun, not too expensive and full of interesting things to do and we will definitely go back again.

Room Tip: We were on the 2nd floor which was convenient for the pool or beauty salon.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Angela O
dncross, General Manager at Athlone Springs Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Dear Angela O

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. It is always such a pleasure to read such a complimentary and thorough review of our Hotel and Athlone. We pride ourselves on our surrounding area and the activities it has to offer. I will certainly pass on your very kind comments to the the whole team. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

Hotel is visually really nice, lovely decor etc. Both receptionists were lovely and chatty and welcoming. Room was a good size, bathroom was lovely, rain shower head was a nice extra in a big shower.

The views are either into people's back gardens or into car garages! There's a big car park out the front (free).

We were informed about the bar and restaurant doing food so we booked a table for convenience sake! They both looked lovely especially the restaurant so we went with that. We left most of our meals as they were so awful! I've left a review on the restaurants trip advisor as it is not the hotels fault I feel and they shouldn't be branded the same.

Breakfast wasn't amazing either-again in the restaurant. Sign says 'please let us seat you' and we waited over 5 minutes before seating ourselves for obvious reasons! Basic things at the hot buffet and some cereals etc. Its included in the price hence why we went for it.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aoife O

Dear Aoife O

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I am pleased to hear that you found the receptionists to be lovely and the room spacious. I will certainly pass on your very kind comments to the the whole team. I have spoken with the Restaurant manager and Executive Head Chef and I can assure you that should you return you will find our food to be of the highest standard. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 25 July 2017

Have stayed here a few times now and its a great hotel, Perfect for families with children of all ages. There is an excellent kids club with films and entertainment on in the evenings if the parents want to enjoy a meal or drinks in peace. it has a nice relaxed feel to it and the staff are really friendly. The only thing was the cleanliness of the pool, it really wasn't the cleanest, and the floors and walk way from the pool to the changing rooms are very slippy and do be soaked with water, I think they should be cleared of water more. that was the only down side to our trip.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Anita K

Dear Anita K

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I am pleased to hear that you found the kids club excellent and that the staff were really friendly. I will certainly pass on your very kind comments to the whole team. I have spoken to the Leisure manager and on your return you will find the Leisure centre to be of the highest standard. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.