“Lovely food”

Athlone Springs Hotel
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Athlone
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed here with my partner as a short get away. It was nice but the bar is very very small so you would be lucky to get seats.
The staff were friendly.
The food in the restaurant was excellent and that's why I'm giving it four stars. I can't fault it.
I wouldn't recommend stating here for families or long term stays

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
dncross, General Manager at Athlone Springs Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2017

Dear liz f

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We pride ourselves on our food quality and consistency so I know Chef will be delighted to hear your kind comments ! We are currently looking to expand our bar to cater for the extra demand however in the short term our large Cedar Restaurant with it's double ceiling height offers a fantastic alternative. Of course you can avail of the bar menu too in the restaurant should you desire.

I do hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

room had chipboard panel instead of window that didn`t fit noisy air extractor outside requested other room window catch broken and beds looked like someone had slept in them! at dinner food was ok but presentation poor food splashes and fingerprints on dish breakfast was not good either my seat had hole in it and food poor, not clean and in need of repair was looking forward to visit but hotel seemed run down and in need of repair really disappointed

Room Tip: only saw two and wouldn`t recommend either
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank matthew h

Dear matthew h

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I am very concerned to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We are a 4 star property offering a 4 star service and we endevour to exceed our guests expectations. With that in mind I can assure you that if you choose to stay with us again everything will be of the highest standard.

Please send me an email to dcross@athlonespringshotel.com before your next stay.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

We stayed here last year and enjoyed it so much we stayed again this year. We received the same great service from all the staff and again the foods was really nice. We ate in the restaurant on the first night and the waitress was extremely nice and offered juice for the kids. there was music playing on both nights which I thought was a great idea, there was no music last year. It just lifted the spirits of everyone and helped to finish off a great day.

Room Tip: All rooms are really nice and spacious in this hotel
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Dear dublinmissey

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. The music is great in the bar and really does make for a good end to the night! I will certainly pass on your very kind comments to the the whole team. I certainly hope you shall make it three in a row and allow us to welcome you back next year!

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Had visited the hotel 2 years previously hence my return as it was fabulous but I was very disappointed this visited
The hotel on arrival looked grubby outside
The reception was the same not that fresh hotel feel
The rooms where very run down and the shower heat was extremely hot which I told them about for safety of other visitors especially young or old they could be burnt they didn't seem to bothered
The service at dinner was ridiculous waiting over 30 minutes for main
The breakfast was a disaster there was no clean plates we had to keep asking for cutlery and the food was buffet with very little to go round a large breakfast room
I won't visit again which is sad goes to show if u take your eye of the ball things can slip because this was once a great hotel

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear shelly09Dublin

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I am very concerned to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We always receive such positive feedback in relation to the Hotel. Any concerns that may be raised by our valued guests during their stay are treated with the utmost importance and dealt with promptly and efficiently. With that in mind I can assure you that if you choose to stay with us again everything will be of the highest standard.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Just home from a one night stay here. I have to say the hotel is excellent but the staff make it. From Colleen on reception to the lovely gentleman with the foreign accent that facilitated our afternoon tea (forgot to get his name) , they were so welcoming and friendly it really made our visit. We had a baby and our 12 year old and both had a blast. Pools lovely. Afternoon tea was delicious. Highly recommend

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Breffnig

Dear Breffnig

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed an excellent stay with us. The afternoon tea is delicious and would you believe it was actually international afternoon tea week this week! I will certainly pass on your very kind comments to the the whole team and especially Colleen. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.