Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$121
Booking.comUS$132
eDreamsUS$132
TravelocityUS$121
CheapTicketsUS$121
PricelineUS$155
All reviews master suite apple crumble small portions brasserie restaurant glass of orange juice beautiful hotel tayto park deal dinner room night stay lovely night lamb shank hand sanitizer retail park spent the afternoon food was amazing a lovely stay an absolute gentleman
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 October 2021

Recently dined in Fairways, sat in pods, they are very deceptive, great comfort within the pod, the heating was a great surprise, made them very cosy, and on a cold autumn night no need for scarf and gloves I'd brought just encase, very impressive.
Service was attentive, polite, friendly and overall excellent, thank you George. Food was plentiful, well presented and delightfully tasty, very impressed by team Fairways. Thank you for your hospitality.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Andrew Walker, General Manager at Fairways Hotel Dundalk, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2021

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very kind and positive comments on your recent dining experience with us at Fairways.

Super feedback and it is great to hear our outside dining facilities hit the mark. The pods are a great addition to The Brasserie complete with their own individual lighting and heating to ensure you enjoy all the comfort of indoors outdoors!

George is a very valued member of Team Fairways who has been with us from the beginning of this Fairways story and it is great to see him get such a great shout-out. Much appreciated.

We hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back to Fairways sometime soon.

Reviewed 9 October 2021

Stayed here last weekend and my partner had an accident in our room she had fell and hit her head on the unit and was unconscious I tried to phone down for help and the phone wasn’t working so I ran down to reception and she said wait I’m on the phone so ran back up to the room to check on her she still hadn’t moved so ran down again and the manager came up who was very ignorant saying we broke the phone he threw two bandages on the unit and left to get another phone and came back without one kept changing subject what asked where is the new phone we decided to leave and were speaking to other residents who said there’s isn’t working either don’t know how this is 4star hotel

1  Thank martinfl00d
Reviewed 8 October 2021 via mobile

We stayed here recently for 3 nights on a 3 for 2 deal. Great value for money. The hotel is beautiful,very tastefully decorated and spotlessly clean. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. Breakfast was lovely however all the staff were young and don't tend to write your order down so on each morning we had to ask twice for toast,a minor issue. The hotel website says it 2.4 miles from the centre however that must be how the crow flies as it seemed much further. We didn't have an issue with the distance however as the hotel was worth the drive. There's a SuperValu store right beside the hotel that was handy for drinks and snacks. I will definitely recommend the hotel to friends and family and look forward to visiting again.

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Andrew Walker, General Manager at Fairways Hotel Dundalk, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2021

Dear Frances,

Thank you for staying with us at Fairways and for providing some valuable feedback.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us although I am sorry for the issues with the toast, I can understand your frustrations here.

I hope you got the opportunity to visit the amazing Blackrock village whilst staying with us at Fairways which again is only a couple of minutes' drive from the Hotel.

Frances thank you for any future recommendations to your family and friends, this is really appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you to Fairways some time soon.

Reviewed 4 October 2021

We had a brilliant experience at Fairways hotel. Parking was free and a few steps from the door of the hotel, check in was quick and the lady at reception very friendly and pleasant. The room was great, the bed so comfortable and the room was very clean and well laid out, the rainfall shower was great and as I have mobility issues the fact you didn't have to climb into a bath to shower was excellent. No small bottles of shampoo and conditioner instead well supplied full bottles of shampoo/conditioner and shower gel. The TV was the perfect size for the room, and it's so handy that you can cast to it. The kettle, tea and coffee supplies were contained in their own little box which was much sleeker looking than I have seen in other hotels. The coffee was good premium coffee, again something you don't usually get in most hotels. We had dinner that evening in the hotel bar and it was one of the most flavoursome meals I have had in a long time even just a burger and chips was full of flavour. The only issue we had, was it was pretty cold in the restaurant but I assume this is due to measures related to covid prevention and was easily resolved by putting on a cardigan. I would highly recommend the Fairways for a lovely break away.

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Andrena,

What an amazing review! Thank you for taking the time to go through in such detail everything that you experienced at Fairways. It makes for fantastic reading and I am delighted that everything was to your satisfaction and more.

I am sorry for any drop in temperature whilst dining but rest assured our Brasserie is a much cosier temperature now in the evenings so no cardigans required going forward.

We appreciate any recommendations so again thank you for sending some our way.

Andrena we appreciate your custom and very much look forward to offering a very warm welcome on your return.

Reviewed 2 October 2021

Arrived and restaurant was freezing. Sat with coat on whole night...as did others.
No vegan menu apart from a bought in spicy bean burger. No other options were given.
Food was okay.
Staff looked like they didn't want to be there and bar person showed lack of experience. Moretti beer in a normal glass..moretti is served in a moretti glass etc.
David, a member of staff was amazing. Friendly and showed empathy with us towards menu options.
The owners need to get with it and step up to the mark..look after your staff and update your menu to suit everyone

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Lad0510
Andrew Walker, General Manager at Fairways Hotel Dundalk, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2021

Dear Guest,

I appreciate your feedback on your latest visit to The Brasserie at Fairways. I apologise if the room temperature was less than comfortable, we do have an entrance to our outside dining facility which is frequently in use but I can assure you that we will have our systems on higher and longer now to compensate for the chill in the evenings.

You are correct that we do not have a separate vegan menu and that is something we will look at going forward. I can appreciate the frustration at the lack of options but thank you also for your praise regarding David as I am aware that he spent some time communicating with yourselves on the options put forward by our kitchen team for you. I will say however that you are incorrect with your comments regarding 'a bought in bean burger'. All our dishes are made on site by our very capable, experienced kitchen team who provide a vast and varied menu to attempt to appeal to the many different tastes and wishes of our guests. I can appreciate some of your frustrations on the evening but rest assurance, nothing is bought in. I believe you know that to be the case as you have dined with us previously.

I agree with you regarding the Moretti and I am pleased that the bar team where able to correct this issue for you by serving you a freshly poured pint of Moretti in a branded Moretti glass and not the non-branded stemmed glass as offered to begin with.

I am slightly puzzled with your final comments but safe to say we will look at adding to our vegan offering so thank you for highlighting this and I sincerely hope that on your next visit you will see that we do take our guests feedback on board.