“A Few Small Issues.”

Add it.
Royal Villa Oranmore
Ranked #13 of 22 Restaurants in Oranmore
Reviewed 24 March 2018

Really like this place and live nearby so got a vested interest in it staying open. However...few small points. Firstly, whilst I appreciate that a child burned a finger on one of the hot plates recently I don't think that is sufficient reason to do away with them altogether. Surely the responsibility lies with the parents to tell their children when something is hot? Did the parents not know? What else did they think the metal plate was for if not for keeping the food hot? With this in mind I was dismayed to see that on a recent visit a hot plate was not given and the result was that our curries and noodles were stone cold way before we could eat them and there is nothing worse than ice-cold curries etc. This is an issue that could prevent me from returning. Also...she wasn't there on my last visit but I must agree with the reviewer who commented on the very intrusive member of staff (of Irish origin) who has a habit of being way too 'in your face'. I have witnessed this lady actually pulling up a chair and joining diners who have been foolish enough to encourage her in conversation. We make a point of not making eye contact but she should realise that there are boundaries that should be observed in her occupation and that, generally, diners go out to chat to each other, not to her. Sorry to mention these things but cold food and an annoying staff member really are enough to lose this lovely restaurant business and I really , really, want it to stay.

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Went for a meal with my hubby & one other couple for a Saturday night out. We arrived having booked a table for 7.30 & were interrogated as to whether we had actually made a booking despite the restaurant being half empty. Our orders were taken promptly & the waitress brought us a basket of prawn crackers. My hubby ate one and nearly split his tongue open with a foreign object in the cracker which looked like a nail but had the consistency of a really hard piece of plastic. We called over the waitress & she brought it to the attention of the owner who simply shrugged his shoulders & said it was nothing. The waitress came back & was embarrassed with the reaction so we spoke to the owner directly who again ignored us & was quite rude. The starters arrived & I ordered Dim Sum which were the worst I’ve ever eaten. The rest of the meal was “fine” but the attitude of the owner was unforgivable - I would never go back. There are lots of other far nicer restaurants to visit in the town which far exceed this one in terms of service & quality- try any of them.

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

A group there that were very loud when we arrived. The food was fabulous would go back just for it. Have gluten free options too. Staff lovely and helpful. Upstairs so you need to be mobile just not sure if they have a lift. Other offices in the building which I thought was strange and the communal area could be painted and carpeted better but the resteraunt was lovely open seating so no privacy if you are looking for a quiet area

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

We were looking for Chinese food as we were both craving it . Royal Villa is on the Main Road of the Village - and it turned out to be a great choice . Service was quick and friendly , food was amazing - prices are reasonable . We'll be back if we are in the area again .

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Food-Tasty
Atmosphere- laid back/quiet
Service-quick/friendly
Cost- I ordered a Thai green curry priced €16 which normally includes a side order of rice or chips or noodles, as per the menu. I asked if it was possible to have a portion of vegetables, instead of the above sides.
The manager took my order and confirmed that veg could be provided instead.

Upon receiving the bill I noticed an additional €4.50 charge was applied.
When I queried this additional charge, the manager advised that she had charged for the vegetables. She refused to acknowledge what we discussed and agreed when she took the order. She stated it was not agreed as a replacement side order.
The additional €4.50 charge won't break the bank, however, the manner in which it was applied, despite what was agreed, and the manner in which I was challenged and my understanding dismissed has turned me off this restaurant.

4  Thank fairreview1