“Yummy ice creams !!!”

Price range: US$2 - US$18
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Acclaimed 'One of Ireland's Best Ice Cream Parlours' by food critics from the Irish Independent, Taste Magazine and the Irish Sun, as well as 'One of Ireland's Four Great Ice Cream Parlours' by Get Out-Find Out, and highly reviewed by artisan food critics, Fantastic Flavours is East Cork's most celebrated, old-fashioned, artisan ice cream parlour. At Fantastic Flavours - we make all of our ice cream by hand, one small batch at a time. Our founder, Miceál O'Hurley, is a true artisan ice cream maker who has been creating his critically acclaimed ice cream by hand since 1983 and his wife, Oksana, heads customer service. We offer booth seating, individual tables, good music, great location and on-street parking (only 1 block from the historic Clocktower in the Youghal Town Centre). We make all of our ice cream by hand using only fresh, pure Irish milk and cream and wherever possible - local ingredients. Fantastic Flavours has Youghal's most convenient, FREE, fibre-optic Wifi broa
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

Must go for all ice-cream lovers. Fantastic choice of tasty flavours and friendly staff. The location is very convenient too :)

1  Thank Eugenie D

Reviewed 14 September 2017

Words fail to describe the food and people at Fantasic Flavours Ice Cream Parlour. The owners are very nice and friendly with the wife speaking fluent German to our guests and making them feel welcome. The décor is delightfully creative and shabby-chic with everything from the jerseys of the local teams they sponsor to a wooden North American Lacrosse stick and antique baseball glove hanging in the window and authentic old posters of Youghal hung on the walls.

As for the food? We enjoyed our cheesecakes and cappuccinos while our guests devoured the artisanal ice cream the owners make themselves in the shop.

We were so delighted we got a tour of the kitchen and the husband showed us how he made a special batch of Guiness ice cream with chocolate and the aroma was incredible. In all, the décor, friendliness of the owners, cleanliness of the shop, variety of flavours and very good pricing left us all delighted. The owners really understand good service and good food.

3  Thank Stefan M
Reviewed 31 August 2017

Delicious ice cream, in beautiful tasty flavours, and Micheal is a wealth of knowledge on youghal, lovely to meet you, Thank you for your hospitality and great sense of humour ;-)

1  Thank EilishAndrew
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Visited this morning with my daughter. Walked in and was greeted by a lovely guy sitting behind the counter, he was working away at something making Icecream I guess. Nice clean little place, so far so good. Quick plesent service, got our ice cream and I can safely say it is the best Icecream I ever had. Fantastic. I'm no expert but the icecream in a little shop in Youghal is the best I have ever had anywhere in the world. Good on ya man great shop and you have a lovely manner. We have visited two times now and my only regret is I cannot get to this shop more often. I must ask next time if he will sell bulk take home containers.

1  Thank Tomas G
Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

Ask my friends, I am a self confessed ice cream junkie and this is the most amazing ice cream I have ever tasted, the coffee is pretty good too. Great welcome from Michael and kept us entertained for during our visit....

2  Thank Steve H