“Italian top ! ”

Ranked #9 of 31 Restaurants in Youghal
Price range: US$2 - US$41
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Wine Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: La Bella Roma is located beside Youghal's famous Clock Gate Tower, housed in a 400 years old building that offers a great atmosphere & genuine food freshly prepared. It is a gathering place for locals, visitors and sea goers who seek warmth, shelter, food and fellowship a retreat from the saltwater chill or for a moment al fresco overlooking the bay. A great selection of Italian wines is available making La Bella Roma the first real wine bar in Youghal. The ice cream parlour boosts a huge selection of home made italian ice cream. The bakery within the restaurant produces Irish & Continental breads every day together with cakes, scones and hand made stone baked pizzas made using the finest ingredients and the unique Italian know how. Juicy olives, sweet dry cherry tomatoes & artisan cheeses are available at the deli counter together with many other specialities like olive oil, pasta, plum tomatoes, coffee many gluten free options.
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

The best italian restaurant in youghal, staff is very efficient and food is delicius!!! recommended.

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

The food was not great at all and the price was way too expensive.. €13.95 for small piece of Lasagne
Starter had to be sent back as it was cold.. We ate out all over cork and it was the most expensive for mediocre food..

1  Thank Herself R
luigicam, Owner at La Bella Roma, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Dear Herself thank for throwing a random bad random review that doesn't reflect the way we conduct business here in La Bella Roma. You could have at least taken the time to mention the starter so we could have figured out what went wrong, about the lasagna each portion weights at least 400 gr and that is a lot for a single meal giving a whopping 700 calories I know other establishments add chips and garlic bread into the lot but you probably missed the fact that it is an authentic italian restaurant in fact it doesn't say La Bella Ruari on the front door that means our past is made with fresh eggs and stretched by hand with a pasta machine, we mince our own beef with and sauce cooks for over 4 hours all of that makes the best lasagna you can get it's a pity people have been eating the wrong stuff for years to the point the cannot recognize the real thing. Also our lasagna it's priced at 13.50 and not as you stated.

regards

Luigi Camilleri

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

We went to this restaurant with high expectations because I called ahead inquiring as to whether or not they had a seating area so we could bring our dog and on the phone I was told not only do they have a seating area but I could bring the dog inside! I was delighted at the prospect of this but upon arriving there I inquired at the front door just to make sure was it ok to bring the dog in and was told by a very grumpy young waitress that no we had to go out back .when I explained that we were told we could bring in the dog on the phone she's just again said no out back she was a bit rude really. The outdoor seating area was ok ,the menu
was ok , we ordered two pasta dishes and a gluten-free pizza my husband was happy enough with his pasta, I shared a gluten-free pizza and gluten free pasta with my toddler it was only ok at best both the pizza toppings and the pasta sauce was a bit bland not much flavour in it I'm afraid. We actually asked to speak to the manager because we were a little annoyed about being told on the phone we could bring our dog and then told we could not in the restaurant buy a girl who wasn't very friendly or informative, we felt a bit ignored no one asked if we were enjoying our food if we wanted anything else etc when we went looking for somebody to talk to you we were met with vagueness and confusion so we'll pay the bill and left feeling a little annoyed and a bit unsatisfied. This restaurant could do a lot better it needs to brush up on people skills incorrect information amongst staff.I really would not recommend this place it's ok if you're really stuck for something to eat but not for a special occasion

1  Thank HappyDee123

Dear Madame thanks for taking the time to post a feedback, as I said in my private message I'm sorry that things din't go to plan and also asked you to give me a ring so I could personally talk with you but you never did and that is not fair in my opinion. Yes you din't sit inside as promised but we still accommodate you in our garden we were the first premises to supply water for pets inside and outside our premises and that is how much we care. All our menu is gluten free including desserts and we also accommodate vegans and you will not find anything like this anywhere else we use prime ingredients like tomato sauce extra virgin olive oil sicilian sea salt and italian mozzarella so our food cannot possibly be bland I have the feeling the fact you were upset for not getting your sit inside influenced your review. I also do not agree with your statement were you wouldn't recommend our premises since your only saw half of the menu since we run two menus we are very popular destination for special events, romantic dinners and affordable lunches we are the only restaurant with a garden and serving authentic italian food making an amazing pizza even in the gluten free option. its too easy to make random statements we i'm sure you have no knowledge whatsoever in the food industry its too easy to hide behind an anonymous random user name and slander or bad mouth businesses were self employed like me work 12/14 hours a day without even getting a wage trying to make the best only to be damaged with reviews like this.

regards

Luigi Camilleri

Reviewed 15 August 2017

We visited here for lunch on a busy summer's day - we were seated quickly and the waitress explained that she was on her own and would get to us as soon as possible - she did a very good job of setting expectations and was also very knowledgeable. The food, when it arrived was really good, pasta was fresh and their take on Surf & Turf excellent.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

Looking for for food in this small town, happy to found this place! The chef is Italian, no doubt about it, always loud, always talking with his arms and hands, commanding and demanding like an Roman Centurion in front of his legion :) Food was great in taste and in size, we left with a colossal tipp and an ever bigger smile on our faces. Best thing was when we orderd Grappa an the waitress had no idea about the word Grappa - Luigi himself grab the bottle at the bar and brought it to our table for good, without mentionend it on the bill!