Free cancellation until 27/07
US$117
  • Free Breakfast
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewslasagnalovely dinnerturkey and ham dinnergreat thing to dohuge portionswarm roomgarlic potatoesfantastic nightfull markstop floorfriday eveningold stylestayed here for one nightbirthday partybar foodcentre of townold world
Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for one night in November. We arrived early and the receptionist allowed us into the room to get ready for a wedding.

When we went into the room it was cold and very low in natural light (room 38). We left in a hurry to the wedding. When we got back that night the room was still cold, we went to sleep on what was a comfortable bed only to wake up in a very very cold room.

We went down for breakfast to help warm up. On our way to the restaurant we said to the receptionist that the room was freezing, she said the heating was on. This was not the case. “We where not the only ones to complain about the cold that day.”

Back to breakfast, it was really nice and the service was very good.

We may return to eat but will not stay.

There was also a foul smell from behind the wall panels, not a nice thing to wake up to.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul H
Reviewed 7 November 2017

Last Saturday we had my mams 60th Birthday party in Dooleys, And it was an absolute Joy to organise with the managers and staff of Dooleys, From the very first call about availability, Fergal assisted in taking on the details and sending a quote within 30 mins which was great, We decided to go with this, Upon arriving to the hotel on the night the room was ready to go, Clean, Stage up, Tables and chairs all ready, Everything was perfect for the night ahead after we threw around a few balloons to give it a theme of a 60th Birthday, We had a one man band booked and were expecting to have my mam walk into the surprise for 9.30 - at 9.15 the band had still not showed up and he was delayed and was on his way, Kevin , one of the managers kindly went out of his way and got us a DJ into the room last minute who played until the band arrived and then came back in after the band finished to keep the night going. This was such a great thing to do and really helped us out. The food came out at 11 and it was very tasty big chicken dippers, Cocktail sausages, & sambos, They were devoured. My mam received many birthday cards and gifts , Kevin would collect the cards for me or we would drop to reception where they looked after them and kept them in a safe , this was highly appreciated also and gave us great peace of mind. As we had a younger crowd also that wanted to enjoy the nightclub melbas next door , Kevin kindly gave out lots of concessions to us so people could go in free of charge, Again , he didn't need to do this and went out of his way for us again here. The bar staff were lovely also, We had a fantastic night , Everything was amazing, Cannot say one bad word but I certainly feel that Kevin was really the man that led to everything been so good, He is such an asset to this hotel and certainly deserves a pay rise for his amazing work. Well done Dooley's and again well done Kevin. 100 %

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Bary M
Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed here in early February. Booked a suite found the room initially to be a bit chilly 2 large king size beds in the suite separate dressing area and bathroom. Loved this room but have to say noise from nightclub unreal wouldn’t recommend for families at the weekend just for this reason. Friendly staff, with free parking nearby. Breakfast included.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2017

I ate here twice on my trip, both times I had the lasagna. The resturant is in the bar it has a warm atmosphere, Im not sure if it is a working "irish Pub" during the day I did not notice anyone drinking whilst I was there. If I find something I like I tend to oder it again and that is exactly what I did at Dooly's. The lasagna was equally scrumptious on both occassions. The staff were very friendly and our lunch arrived promtly.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

If they give you a room and say that it's directly above the nightclub (Melba's) refuse to accept and insist on a room far away from said nightclub, you'll never get to sleep if you are a light sleeper.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family