All reviews outdoor pool junior suite garden suite on arrival afternoon tea sauna and steam room elemis toiletries free standing bath huge bed roll top bath lovely hotel black pudding cream tea birthday treat my mum relaxing break special occasion
Reviewed 9 December 2015

I was whisked away to Homewood Park as a surprise for my birthday and couldn't have asked for a better present. The hotel is a magnificent country house, in a quiet rural setting. It had been decorated for Christmas, making it even more magical. The staff were friendly and helpful. We were checked in quickly and given useful information about use of the spa facilities, meal times etc. Our room for the night overlooked beautiful gardens and had a wonderful four poster bed. I had a great night's sleep in the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. The bathroom was clean and modern with lovely Elemis toiletries. As part of our stay we had access to the spa facilities and enjoyed relaxing in the hydrotherapy pool, sauna and steam room. Dinner in the restaurant was superb. The menu was very impressive and the food presented beautifully. Breakfast the following day was great with plenty of choice to suit all tastes. I would definitely recommend this hotel and hope to be surprised by another stay here soon!

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 December 2015

This is a great hotel which is very homely and has excellent rooms. The spa is fantastic and the service I received from staff was great.

The only negative (for me at least) is that the hotel has a resident cat (or cats). Having an allergy to cat hair meant I had to be very careful. I do not believe they allow the cats into rooms but if you do have allergies then this is something you should be wary of.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank ibnbattuta3
Reviewed 7 December 2015 via mobile

My daughter and I stayed here after a day at the Bath Christmas Markets & we both thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We received an upgrade to a lovely room with the most comfortable twin beds although the lighting could have been a bit brighter to read by. The bathroom was most luxurious. We drove back into Bath to eat & then somehow managed to find room for a most delicious breakfast, served by lovely staff. A session in the spa hot tub completed a most enjoyable mini-break.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 December 2015

We booked to stay here for a short pre Christmas break and was very impressed. The staff were all very welcoming and friendly for whom nothing seemed too much trouble. We ate in the restaurant on the first night and the food was excellent, maybe a little more choice would have been nice, but the standard was first class.
We stayed in one of the Garden Suites which was spacious clean and very pleasant, we look forward to a return visit in the summer.
We took of advantage of the spa facilities and was, again, impressed. We both enjoyed massage treatments by Tess who was very good at her job as well as being friendly and easy to talk to, one of the best massages I've had.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 December 2015 via mobile

The building is lovely and there were lots of nice touches here such as homemade biscuits in the room. The mixologist was very talented and made me some wonderful drinks after asking what tipple I'm partial to. The beds are huge and extremely comfortable.
I found the waiters in the evening to be very attentive and friendly without being over the top and the food was of a reasonable standard.
Breakfast on the other hand was virtually cold and the staff were a different story altogether just about muddling through service and did not seem happy to be there. Our room had no hot water in the evening in the sink, the walls are quite thin so between one neighbours tv, another snoring and what appeared to be a generator of some sort (the pool heater?) running for the majority of the night, sleep was a little hard to come by.
I have stayed at many spa hotels and I did enjoy my stay for the most part but I don't feel that I would book here again. The spa facilities are smart and new but very basic-exactly what I have at my gym actually. I didn't think this location was good value for money overall although it does have some positive aspects.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank naynemo
at_homewoodpark, General Manager at Homewood Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2016

Dear Neynemo

Thank you for placing a review upon trip advisor following your recent stay at the Homewood Park Hotel & Spa. Delivering the highest standards of service to all our guests is at the heart of our values. We always welcome feedback both positive and negative as this allows us to assess whether our guest’s expectations have been met, and would like to thank you for assisting.

I would like to thank you for the comments regarding the breakfast service which has been addressed through corrective training, I would like to apologise for the lack of hot water I am delighted to mention we are currently upgrading parts of our hot water systems to rectify the point you have raised. Please do not hesitate in contacting me should you wish to discuss matters further.

Once again thank you for your helpful feedback, I assure you that we have taken on board all of your comments and I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Yours sincerely