Starlight Motel & Luxury Suites
US$189
US$199
EconoLodge
US$119
Mark III Motel(Seaside Heights)
US$79
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
US$79
US$69
Palm Villa Suites Hotel(Seaside Heights)
US$115
US$107
US$218
US$206
Coral Sands Motel(Seaside Heights)
US$110
US$124
US$110
Groupon.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthe jersey shoreheated poolwasher and dryersmall suitepull out sofawalking distancelocation is greatseaside boardwalkcoffee potminute driveexcellent staybarnacle billsstove
Reviewed 3 August 2012

This is our first and last time at this Motel. We were afraid to use the grounds due to the aggressive crowd in the shared courtyard and pool area. This seems to be tolerated by management bc even after arrests were made, the same were allowed to return the next day. We were unable to use the shared area bc the regulars consumed the space all day and night. The beds were very uncomfortable. The pool has a dirt ring around it 4 inches think....gross! Too many options at this price....go elsewhere. Not for family/children.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank C B
StarlightHotel, Owner at Starlight Motel & Luxury Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2012

In response to your review, we have been family owned and run for 40 years this summer and my sister and I are activity involved in the running of our establishment. Unfortunately, there are times when dealing with the public that you are unable to make everyone happy.

You were down during the time that the apartments and motel were filled with customers that have met over 30 years ago and plan the same week each year. Personally I have known them since I was 13 years old and now we are 50 plus. The aggressive crowd was in fact one person. It was a son of a customer that has been coming for several years. The son, who was not staying with us and was asked to leave the premises and not return. The parents who were staying with us were not asked to leave. We are sorry to hear that you did not have a nice experience at our establishment.

Reviewed 19 July 2012

The hotel is very clean and better than the typical shore motel. The rooms are modern with plenty of closet/storage. The air cond was great and the bathroom is well laid out. Check in was easy and pleasant. The location is great with an arcade across the street and 2 great delis down the block. Front desk was pleasant. There was a great bakery a few blocks away. The beach costs 7 bucks a day though. Overall a better than average shore motel. Their mattresses could use upgrading. They have no support but are doable for a few nights. We had the standard motel room and it was roomy and pleasant. I think you will have a pleasant experience!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2012

My children and I spend the weekend in this motel and from the very start Kim was fantastic. I never been to such a relaxing family oriented atmosphere then in this hotel. I rented a suite and we had a blast. The rooms were spacious and clean. The pool was very clean and ready for the kids to go in when it stated it opened. The staff was very friendly and available if you needed them. Their is a arcade directly across the street from the motel which was perfect since it was raining when I arrived. It gave the kids something to do. The beach is a block away which was perfect for me because I didn't want to drive anywhere and there is plenty of places to eat in the area. This place was everything I was looking for and more. I will be staying here again in August for a week.

Room Tip: Stay in the suites if your staying more then a weekend. There is a stove, washer and dryer and a full sized refrigerator.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Sarahm0427
Reviewed 23 June 2012

Stayed for just one night, we had a lux suite-looks exactly as in photos, VERY clean and we were allowed to check in early at 11:00am.since the room was already available. Everything worked no problems at all! Pool was clean and refreshing and down the street to the beach checked out by 11:00 am and was told we could stay to use the pool. Already recommended to friends and family. Only negitive would be the mattresses were not very comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank vickie s
Reviewed 17 June 2012

Although the rooms are clean, the beds were the most uncomfortable beds I have ever slept in. The best description is that they crunched when you got into them. Don't twist in the bed because you'll wake everyone up.

The crowds that arrived for the weekend were mmmmmm, let me just say one bunch were drinking Tequila at one table and another were drinking rum. The music pumping didn't have much consideration for other guests.

Happy to be out of there!!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Padraig_11
StarlightHotel, Owner at Starlight Motel & Luxury Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2012

We pride ourselves in how clean, and new the entire establishment is. However, when dealing with brand new mattresses, one may need to get used to. We are so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay.