We planned to stay one week while visting friends who live in Manaloking. The reviews we read were all glowing, but the place was a disaster. The first room we were given had water leaking from the retro-fitted air conditioner and had lots of noise from the pool. The manger gave us another room farther away from the pool area. The room was never cleaned properly, the towels were shabby and small.There was no place to hang your wet beach clothes/towels in the room. Most guests draped their beach towels and dirty underwear on the ouside balconeys for all to see! The afternoon pass-time involved sitting outside your room in a white plastic chair and smoking a cigar. There was not enough parking, so we were required to "turn in our keys" to the office so that the car could be moved as others may need to get out of the double-parked assigned slots. The Motel was not on the beach, but on a busy street with lots of road noise most of the night and a mini-golf property across the street that stayed open after 11 some nights. We concur with other recent reviews re dirty rooms and wifi. The plastic mattress cover on the bed was miserable to sleep on and the bedspread had numerous gross stains. Every morning was like the movie "Ground Hog Day"--when would it be over? A sad stay at "the shore."
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Starlight has been and continues to be the ideal spot for a perfect New Jersey Shore family vacation, reunion, or weekend retreat. We take great pride in our impeccable reputation for cleanliness, hospitality, and attention to detail. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Starlight Motel & Luxury Hotel Ortley Beach
- Starlight Motel And Luxury Suites
- Starlight Hotel Apartments
- Starlight Hotel Toms River