“Great Breakfast!”

Monk's Rock Coffeehouse and Bookstore
Ranked #2 of 30 Restaurants in Kodiak
Price range: US$8 - US$14
Description: Lovely warm atmosphere, perfect place for breakfast or lunch. The friendly environment is so welcoming for families with children, gatherings of friends, and much more. We have extra seating upstairs, so you'll never be without a spot. We roast our own coffee, bake our own break and pastries, use only ORGANIC EGGS AND MILK, and in general, try to create delicious food with love!
Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

I took my visiting parents here for breakfast and they loved it! Omelettes and Oatmeal were wonderful and the whole place is very friendly and Community oriented. Lots of cool gifts at great prices too! Highly recommended and I look forward to trying lunch their soon!

Reviewed 1 August 2017

We came for the coffee, but left feeling like old friends. After a brief conversation with "Uncle John," the manager, he brought us some complimentary pastries that were incredible. We enjoyed informative conversations with the baristas and even were surprised by an impromptu concert in Russian and Georgian. Amazing! Warm, inviting, friendly place. We didn't have breakfast, but the food on other customer's tables looked fantastic!

Reviewed 31 July 2017

The food at the Monk's Rock is superb, tasty, and the coffeehouse itself is amazing. So is its staff. Just look for "Uncle John." He made my day, because bad weather got me delayed in Kodiak. Overall, what a lovely experience, and certainly one of the culinary highlights while visiting Kodiak.

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

A pleasant atmosphere combined with good food equals the perfect lunch spot! (They serve breakfast too!) Call to verify that they're open, as they observe orthodox holidays and other events. If you happen to be in town for one of their special dinners, that is a treat, too!

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

This place has good soup and sandwiches. It also serves breakfast. I had a cup of borscht. It was red beet borscht with dill and black bread. Never had it that way before. Not really my favorite as I like cabbage and no dill, but I can see why other people like it. The place has a Russian Orthodox store associated. If you go in and it seems crowded, do not despair, they have more space upstairs. Their Hunter sandwich is triple-decker, so expect to make two meals out of it.