“Great little place!”

Slacktide Cafe
Ranked #5 of 12 Restaurants in Arundel
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Reviewed 9 September 2015

We actually popped in here twice during our vacation when we were visiting the flea market next door. Great little place, good food and reasonably priced. We tried the fish sandwich...it was delicious...they make their own buns (kind of a brioche type roll) and their own pickles (be sure to try some of these). Fries were great too! We went back and tried the frittata for breakfast. Very tasty and served with great home fries. Their coffee is really good as well (I believe they serve Carpe Diem coffee - roasted in Maine). For a tiny little roadside stand, they have some pretty good food!

1  Thank nyackgirl47

Reviewed 4 September 2015

If anyone knows about Flo's hot dogs in Maine then I would have to say I would rather eat Slacktide's hot dogs. I wasn't looking for anything out of the ordinary on this day when I visited the outdoor stand at the Arundel Flea Market, but I did get a nice surprise...it was delicious and I went back for more!! I think it's the grill and all natural hot dogs they use that makes it tasty. I can't wait to try one of their other menu items. One of the "local sellers" at the flea chose to get the Chicken Parm and I could tell he has had it more than once (he must love it!). So if you are in the Arundel area, heading up Route 1 stop by for a great lunch (or hot dog!).

Reviewed 21 August 2015 via mobile

We were on our way up to Old Orchard and hungry for lunch, so we decided to try the Slacktide. Great food which was not your typical sandwiches and burgers. Everything was delicious! Give it a try if you are in the area.

Reviewed 27 July 2015

Very innovative menu for take out/ diner style but still keeps to some basics. Comfortable little spot with picnic tables and a play area for kiddos. Food was delicious, and they even have Carpe Diem coffee as well as milkshakes! I got the Bahn Mi sandwich, which came with a "small" fry ( tons of really good fries!) Tried the fish chowder too...hot and delicious. Definitely will be going back!

1  Thank ruly88
Reviewed 21 July 2015 via mobile

Decided to stop here for a quick bite on our way to Bar Harbor. So glad we did! It was adorable. Outside seating. Food was great. Excellent burger and hot dog. Really hit the spot. Less than 10 min off 95. Well worth the pit stop!

1  Thank Sunsetbeach70

Been to Slacktide Cafe? Share your experiences!