See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 June 2015

Stayed for three nights in the Comtessa suite in an annex of the main hotel. Very well appointed and quiet suite. The hotel is a delight and the site dates back to the 10th century. The restaurant is very good and serves excellent quality meals and fine wines. The hotel is somewhat remote and vehicular transport is a necessity if travelling from the hotel. Excellent base for a quiet secluded break set in idyllic countryside and private gardens.

Room Tip: you have choice of rooms in the main hotel or suites and garden rooms in the three annexes to the main hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 May 2015

We stayed for 3 nights in memory of our mother who had died recently aged nearly 102. The setting, the rooms, the food, the wine, the wonderful team looking after us and the charming owners made for a memorable break which we, four sisters, enjoyed enormously without exception. It is the sort of place which provides all the ingredients for total relaxation and comfort. Will definitely return when next in Germany!

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 December 2014 via mobile

If I had to chose the best place to stay after a long drive, this would be the one. I have stayed here many times at different times of the year, and it's perfect each time. The rooms are cosy with a tinge of modern, and the food is an art form in itself.
Take time to experience the walks, a great way to wind down at the end of long day.
The worst thing, is leaving, but I always look forward to the next trip.

Stayed: December 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 September 2014

Stayed here for a wedding. It's a great little hotel out in the woods. The rooms are very charming and the food was excellent (incl. the standard breakfast from hotel in the morning). There are some nice grounds around the hotel to walk. It's a good place to just get out and relax over the weekend.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We stayed here for 1 night while visiting verden for the dressage championships. The hotel is beautiful, set in lovely grounds and is extremely well kept. The room was very nice, the bathroom was fantastic, really nice shower and clever idea that the radio turns on when you switch the lights on. Lovely outdoor seating area with a well stocked mini bar for a drink while in your room. We are at the restaurant and I have to say its one of the best meals I've had. The only complaint I have is that the room was very hot and it woke me a few times during the night. I would however recommend and stay again!

• Stayed: August 2014