The Regency Hotel Solihull
US$79
TripAdvisor
US$67
Hotels.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
All reviewscadbury worldnational holidaysleisure facilitiesplunge pooltea roomsauna and steam roomone night stayexcellent value for moneywedding receptionwedding venuelovely roomafternoon tealeisure clubbirmingham airportmotorway
Reviewed 16 April 2018

The hotel was lovely, the family room that we had was really large. The pool was lovely and warm. The only problem was the shower in the room it was difficult to regulate the temperature. The staff were very polite. There was so much choice at breakfast ever taste was cratered for

Room Tip: Only two floors
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Bradley S, General Manager at The Regency Hotel Solihull, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review, I have passed your comments over to the team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Regency Hotel in the near future.

Please have a look at the offers on our website, we do great family offers all year round with many local attractions

Cluster General Manager

Reviewed 11 April 2018

I travel a lot on business and stay in a lot of hotels. This hotel has clearly seen better days and would benefit from a lot of love & money being spent on it. I was only here for around 15 hours but have the following to report:

1. Dining room.
Painfully slow service, despite there only being 6 guests in there. I had to repeatedly ask for things, like being able to order a meal. At one point, all the staff actually disappeared for a period of 15-20 mins!

2. Bedroom.
I was disturbed throughout my stay by the sound of an electric motor turning on and off near my room every 10 seconds or so. Bizarre! Another TripAdvisor reviewer, GlyderFawr, actually mentions this in their TripAdvisor review of their stay at The Regency, posted on 2nd Jan 2018. To quote: “The worst noise was what sounded like a hand dryer going on and off all night at regular intervals!” In my case, I asked the duty manager to investigate and he insisted that it was coming from outside the hotel. No it’s not! It is clearly coming from an attic or similar in the 2nd floor ceiling.

Its disappointing that this noise is being made; that it has been reported by previous guests but not addressed; and that the duty manager, while standing next to me listening to the noise at 10.30pm last night, denied that it’s in the hotel so is not his problem!

3. Gym.
I chose to stay at The Regency because it has a gym that opens early, so I can work out before breakfast. I was therefore disappointed to be asked to leave the gym because it was being used for a class. At best, this is really irritating. At worst, it is borderline deceitful – “Stay with us, we’ve got a gym. But you can’t actually use it. And we’ll only tell you that when you get up early and try to use it.”

@Bradley Slough, General Manager
Kindly don’t just post your standard “Dear Guest” reply to this. You post the same reply to all negative feedback, thus suggesting that you are just going through the motions and fobbing off your guests.
As to your standard point “Please feel free to contact me should you wish to discuss your stay in greater detail”, well this is me contacting you here & now. What would you say to me in private that you wouldn’t say on this community site?

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 March 2018

This hotel is well situated if you are visiting NEC, about its best quality!
Not the best place we have stayed, basic rooms.
Restaurant no atmosphere and staff not very knowledgeable about very limited menu.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business

Dear guest

Thank you for your review, I am sorry you did not have a particularly good experience at the hotel. We will investigate the points you have raised and ensure these do not happen for future guests.

Please feel free to contact me should you wish to discuss your stay with us in greater detail

Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

I checked in the hotel with no problems.

When I went to my room it was freezing cold I went to the radiator and it was broken with red tape around the value. I called reception and it rang for about 4 minute before the call was picked up. A member of staff arrived at the room and she said instantly that the room was very cold. They just handed me a small electric heater. They then said the will call maintenance, nobody ever came.

I went down for some dinner and was served a terrible meal i eventually send it away. If was disgusting and the bowl was full of water at the bottom it had clearly just left a microwave.

I’m not one to complain but this hotel is terrible I will be checking out in the morning if I have not freezed to death and will never return.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank AdamTodd8776
Bradley S, General Manager at The Regency Hotel Solihull, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Dear guest

Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

This hotel is everything you could want for a family visit to Cadbury World. We stayed in a family room that had all the toiletries there for us. There was tea and coffee making facilities and you only had to ask and they provided replacements. There were clean towels for everyone and extra towels at the pool for your use. You get them from the young man at the pool reception when you sign in. The pool was warm and open from 6.30 to 10.30. Children under 12 have to have an adult with them but you don’t have to be in the pool there are seats to the side. We didn’t eat here as we ate on our way to Cadbury World and on the way back. There is a harvester close by with a stunning breakfast. There is also a beefeater nearby where we had tea on the way home. Right next door to the hotel is a finest catch restaurant but I suggest you book as we were lucky to get in. Again food of a good standard. There is a Costa next door with a Macdonalds and a large Tesco 2 miles down the road. This hotel is everything you need for a family visit to anything in this area.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank oatrih
Bradley S, General Manager at The Regency Hotel Solihull, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2018

Dear Guest