“Best in the area”

Price range: US$4 - US$20
Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Seyyah han restaurant in the heart of cappadocia at cavusin village,we are very happy to labor to our guest.
Reviewed 4 January 2018

A wonderful restaurant owned by Bosnian decendent family. They are very sincere and friendly and you will have a blast talking to them with anecdotes and jokes. The food? Oh, it is excellent!

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

Fantastic food, excellent service, great value. So good we went back the next night again.
Eat here.
The service is among the best I've had in a Turkish restaurant. They gave us just the right amount of space and time and conversation between drinks and courses.
We had the beef cooked in a clay pot (a fun one to crack open), the lamb shank, the stuffed chicken breast (excellent), and the beef on tomato/potato/yoghurt.
Starters were excellent and the freshly baked bread is to die for.
The Avanos red wine is a great wine and great value.

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

My family and I had a wonderful lunch here. The food and service were of very high standard. As well as the ambience, decor and view were tranquil and beautiful. We were generously greeted and treated with the amazing service and warmth of the chef, Mr Softic. We very much appreciate your nice charm and especially the quality of food and service.

The food
Wow! Everything was absolutely delicious and cooked to absolute perfection. The entres, the bread, the mezze, the corba/soup, the tender meats and vegetables, and pilav, summed up to be one of my family's favourite culinary experiences. I have to say, for me personally, I really enjoyed the freshly made ayran, mezze and special corba/soup that is a grandmother's recipe...mmmm..what a delight! I really hope I go back tomorrow for my last meal here in Cappadocia.

Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

Really friendly people running the place, nice view to the valley and the food was amazing. Especially hummus with pastrami. The bread it comes with is oven fresh and still hot and just so good that everytime I've had a dinner in other restaurants their bread kind of disappoints me as it is not nearly as good as in here. Thank you!

Reviewed 8 November 2017

Set in a very charming restored vintage building in Cauvusin, we enjoyed this restaurant very much. The main dining area has a open balcony with a vista view of the landscape. The owner was very welcoming and served us personaly. We ordered the meze set which included our choice of 4 dishes and lots of bread. All were extremely tasty. With a large water and a large beer our check came to only 38tl. The meze alone was plenty for two hearty eaters.

The service was very prompt and personable. They also have a glassed in dinning room on the roof. After visiting the amazing cave dwellings, this experience capped a delightful day.

It's a bit difficult to find, but its only 5 minutes from the cave houses, just ask someone, they all know of it. A must if you're in Cauvusin.

Been to Seyyah Han? Share your experiences!