Open today: 8:00 AM - 12:30 PM, 2:00 PM - 5:30 PM

from US$174.36
from US$7.40
from US$282.06
1,537 results
All reviews gelada baboons simien mountains day trek ethiopian wolf sleeping bags grand canyon amazing scenery ras dashen his team imet gogo flora and fauna days trekking park office warm clothes rainy season l shape an amazing experience
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 September 2016

I was in Ethiopia for work and had only few vacation days. After much debate I decided to spend 3 of them in Simien mountains. When I go to Ethiopia next time, I will spend there much longer - such a wonderful experience! History is great but it is the nature that leaves the greatest impression and makes you feel most connected to the country. I was there in August during the rainy season. There was rain and fog, but I was mostly lucky with the views. It also helped that I was there for 3 days and if one view was fogged I knew I have time for another. It was all green and with so many waterfalls. Simien mountains made me fall in love with Ethiopia.

A lot will depend on your guide. This was especially true for me because I travelled without any companions. I spoke with several guides, everyone was giving similar quotes, and I chose Dawoud. He was absolutely amazing! I was arriving to Gondar a day before out trek during the demonstration and he came down from Debark to check if everything is safe, met me at the bus stations and took me to a different hotel, which was safer because it wasn't government owned.The place was gorgeous - Lodge du Chateau. Highly recommend. In the mountains Dawoud was funny, supportive, and guiding me not only through the mountains but also appropriate behavior and cultural nuisances. He is very knowledgeable in trekking and knew when to make me drink water when altitude was getting the best of me, when to give a hand and chat, and when to let me walk alone trying myself and enjoying the silence. I think I made a wonderful friend and there is no one else I would rather go to the mountains with. Here is his info and don't even think twice about it! daw_sulay@yahoo.com,

Date of experience: August 2016
2  Thank EvgeniaV32
Reviewed 24 August 2016

The Simeon Mountains National Park is well worth the journey up to. It is cooler there, especially at night, and the scenery is breath-taking. You need a ranger to accompany you on walks, but they are able to spot the wildlife long before you see it and so make your visit more enjoyable.

Date of experience: March 2016
Reviewed 9 August 2016 via mobile

Ethiopia has uncountable places to visit and one of them you can't miss are the fascinating Simien Mountains.

A friend recommended us the contact of this travel agency (Simien Mountains travel and tours) and from the begining Dezy, our tour manager, took care of picking us up from the bus station and taking us to a good hotel, advising us about every matter we had.

We took the two days trekking tour to Simien Mountains with everything included: transport from Gonder to the mountains, a guide for the trekking, every meal included with a good coocker, a funny guide for the rest of the time and two nights in diferent camps! Very complet.

As for the team, every one was very professional and they took care we had everything we needed, they also were very friendly and we felt very confortable with all of them.

Definitely I would repeat if I can because those landscapes and views are wonderfull.

Date of experience: July 2016
3  Thank Belén C
Reviewed 28 July 2016

This is definitely the most awesome treck I have been out to. (and i made a lot). The views are astonishing, the apes are everywhere and the rainy season makes everything better, because of the rain turning into amazing mist.
The staff was professional and very kind. The guide Abebe was great. You could tell, that he knew everything around there very well. He was also very flexible and chill.
(mail ecoethiopiatours@gmail.com, +251921963544. contact him directly for cheaper tours )

Date of experience: June 2016
2  Thank MateoB40
Reviewed 28 July 2016

Beautiful views, when visible, available and also pretty accessible from towns like Debark. However, this accessibility has compromised the wildness of the region so don't expect to see much more wildlife than Gelada monkeys. However, you can get very close to them which is amazing!

Note, whilst October is supposed to be one of the best times to visit, it was rather misty and still quite cold when we visited so prepare for that if travelling that time of year

Date of experience: October 2015