US$98
  • Beachfront
US$277
Amaya Beach(Kalkudah)
Hotels.com
All reviewscrabcurrywonderful manprawnstuk tukstaff went out of their waysri lankariceeach morningminute walklovely foodbreakfast and dinnerenjoyed our stayshivabicyclesmrbeaches
Reviewed 25 November 2015

After a long arduous journey I was so happy to be welcomed by Shiva and his staff. They immediately sorted me out with an incredible curry ( im a british born sri lankan and its hard to please me on that front i.e. beat my mums cooking) and a room that was clean, had A/C, and a suprisingly good selection of TV channels ( helps if you get stuck inside during tropical storms as I did!) Personally, I think the rooms and food are very well priced. The greatest thing is without a doubt the hospitality that you receive here. Local knowledge, great people and great food....Im so glad I didnt stay in a large soul-less nearby chain hotel...I would have missed meeting the people here.
(solo traveller - November 2015)

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 September 2015 via mobile

We only stayed one night. The room was clean, with A/C, TV, free Wi-Fi, and hot water! The hotel is nice, sorrended by palms, and is situated in a good area. But the best thing of the hotel is the staff. The owner and his family are very nice. Always smailing, very helpful, they are very kind. They pay attention to all the little things we need to be comfortable. Is a good choice, for a good price!

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AnnaSMG
Reviewed 21 August 2015 via mobile

Siva the manager is always smiling, his family is also very helpful for anything.
The food is great at a very affordable budget, the rooms are clean and with A/C, and the hotel is located 10min away from the beach (walking).
I could even watch some european football on TV!

I highly recommend it!
'

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2015

We spent there four days during our honeymoon. The hotel is close to the long and uncontaminated beach of Kalkudah, and the owner Siva will provide you with free bikes to go around, if you want.
While we were there, Siva organized for us a trip in the nearby lagoon with local fishermen and a snorkelling session on the sea, brought us by tuk tuk to a lovely place to enjoy the sunset (Elephant Rock), and finally showed us the local market.
He knows very well the zone and has many contacts among the local people. He is also very kind and helpful, if you are in trouble with the means of transportation to get there and don't want to use the train, he might be able to rent a car with driver for you.
The food was excellent, and that is said by a couple of Italians, who are picky when it comes to food! We had dinner there all the nights and we tasted different local dishes.
Our room was comfortable, had a private toilet, an AC and a tv. The hygiene and the decoration conditions were lower than the European standards, however over the Sri Lankan ones.
We strongly recommend this structure if you want to spend time in the area and enjoy it!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2015 via mobile

Siva is a really nice guy who just makes you feel just at home at his guest house, they give you the best they can offer and they are very flexible and friendly, the prices are reasonable and the food is very Sri Lankan and they are very polite. We stayed there for a couple of days as we did completed a dive course nearby he was even nice to drop us off at the boat pickup point at 6am. Just cannot expect more from a small hotel. The place may not be 5star but the service is top. So go there and ask for Siva.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends