“Gumbo night”

Add it.
Buddies Bar and Grill
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in New Strawn
Reviewed 19 November 2016 via mobile

Yummy, delicious gumbo! The service is fast and courteous; all the food is wonderful! Great place to stop whether hungry or thirsty or both!!

Reviewed 9 June 2016

Buddies is a combination road house / neighborhood joint. The burgers are the big draw, and they are hand-crafted, huge and delicious. Watch for specials now an then, such as Jambalaya night. A bacon cheeseburger and a big cold Amber Bock draft here is about as good as a meal needs to be.

Reviewed 5 October 2015 via mobile

I had the steak sandwich and Fried cauliflower it was Delicious fresh and hot. The portion was enough for 2. I was very pleased with our service. It is not fast food but it is good food and worth the wait

Reviewed 11 August 2015

It was a "unique" place, to be kind. I guess I never understood what a dive was before, LOL. I don't live in the area , but went with some friends. The huge sort of scary/clearly intoxicated Duck Dynasty reject looking guy that my friends told me owned the bar was blasting everyone's ears out with some old weird sixties or something rock. We couldn't talk with out yelling. One of my friends asked a waitress named Bear? to ask him to turn it down a bit,,,but she just laughed in her face and told her to go ask him herself!!! She didn't do that, of course. We finally got our food after an hour I think. I had some taco salad that was nothing like any taco salad I would get in AZ. My friend had some gumbo?,,,but there was no shrimp or fish or crayfish in it....it was just like potato soup with sausage and corn and a gross whole egg in it!!! Luckily, the big biker dude owner left before we did. The bathrooms were gross. The little Bear waitress smelled like cigarettes and I think pot...and was so rude!!!.

Reviewed 13 July 2015

When you live 60 miles from Nowhere,,,,,you have to make allowances, I guess. The food is decent bar food for this area. The 3.2 beer is pretty bad.

Only real problem I had there was the strange rude little meth/crack anorexic-looking waitress with the southern accent, who started speaking in tongues and who's head started twisting around Exorcist style (and she spit green bile into my beer - maybe it was an accident). Only thing I could figure out was that I was holding her up from closing the near empty bar on a Friday night at 9:30 PM,,,so that she could go drink (or do something) more at the Country Club...The green meth addict teeth are a bit off-putting too, but I try not to judge.

I guess if you are brave, the freak show might be worth the price of admission.

3  Thank Wayne R