All reviews the pub evening meal was superb visit relatives range of real ales separate building cheese board fish chips lamb shank car park full english large bathroom great accommodation pie four poster bed friday evening visiting the area pleasant stay
Reviewed 19 September 2016

..when we chose to stop here for lunch. Warm welcome from mine host - and pleasant prompt service throughout. Food nicely presented. No complaints whatsoever. We had a variety of dishes - including Sunday roast; scampi and chicken in a basket, and chef's stroganoff. Clean plates all round.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank HerefordSpike
Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

Stopped off for lunch and a drink.

Food wasn't the best and over priced for what we had. All the food was deep fried.

The pub is really smart inside and out and in terms of decoration and we were quite gutted the food wasn't better.

The guy behind the bar was a nice chap and very cheerful.

To sum up......nice pub and setting but the food wasn't upto much when we visited.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2016 via mobile

Had a great time here last weekend. Fairly last minute booking but was very happy with welcome.
Was a brain out weekend style break,arrived fairly late Saturday and had drinks and meal there. Nice.
Room excellent, comfy bed and everything we needed.
As it is outside village suggest a car would probably be needed.
After Sunday in Shrewsbury, also to be recommended we went back to burlton and spent most of the evening socialising with the excellent staff.
We will be going back......soon

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2016

We have visited this very pleasant inn a few times now. Either on our way to Ellesmere or on the way home. We found it by accident but will continue to visit as it is one of the most relaxing and friendly places in the area. The staff are always welcoming and the food is very good. The inn itself is very clean and comfortable. Keep it up.

Room Tip: There are is also cottages to rent
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2016

I was having a short holiday at nearby Ellesmere, with my wife and adult son, and his friendly "staffie". We visited The Burlton on Saturday 30th July. We were welcomed like old friends, and shown into a comfortable bar area, where dogs were allowed. As it was quite a warm afternoon, the manager even brought a bowl of water for the dog. Drinks were quickly served, and I enjoyed a pint of one of the excellent real ales on offer. The menu was simple to understand and the meals were of the highest quality, at very reasonable prices. I had the home cooked steak and ale pie, with so much succulent meat in it, I regret to say I could not clear my plate. We were so delighted that after our son had returned home, my wife and I went back the following Saturday evening to celebrate my birthday. And we enjoyed another excellent meal in a lovely cosy little lounge area. All in all a most delightful experience. Lovely atmosphere, with friendly and attentive staff. I highly recommend a visit !

Room Tip: Individual cottages adjacent to the Inn
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family