Burlton Inn
US$99
US$69
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
The Shrewsbury Hotel(Shrewsbury)(Great Value!)
US$65
  • Room Service
US$133
US$129
Travelocity
All reviewsthe pubsunday roastfantastic foodvisit relativesevening meal was superbrange of real alesseparate buildingcar parkfish chipsfull englishlamb shanklarge bathroomgreat accommodationlovely atmospherepiefour poster bedfriday evening
Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

We booked a room for two nights with breakfast. Our son is in the airforce and his in laws live in the area. He was home on leave with his family. So this was a good meeting point for us all.
We arrived Friday night in a very heavy rainfall. The inn had a BQ planed and a singer. So this was on in doors. What a fun night.
We were made very welcome by the staff and the locals.
We said no to the BQ but did have a lovely meal there and spent the evening with out son and wife.
The breakfast was hot fresh and very nice. The staff are so kind and helpful. We were made to feel like friends not just a guest.
The room was lovely. Our room was in a little cottage style building. We were upstairs. It had a large bed lots of storage space. A TV lots of tea and coffee milk extra. A small table and two chairs. And a very large bathroom. The shower was great lots of hot water. To be true full we couldn't really find fault with the room. The only downside for me was the bed was very hard. But my husband didn't mind.
On the morning we were leaving we were skipping breakfast so the kind staff made us a couple of sandwiches for our journey home.
Thank you to all the great people at the Burlton Inn. We will happily stay again. And would strongly recommend you.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2017

Arrived late afternoon and were greeted by staff and shown to room. Hotel is easy to find on a main but relatively quiet road out of Burlton. Rooms are located in a separate building behind the Inn. Access is really easy as there is a large courtyard where you can park your cars and unload. Our rooms were spacious, clean and well presented. Tea/coffee/water/biscuits were provided in the room. Bedrooms were comfortable with good lighting, TV and plenty of power points. Decor was not ultra modern but still very acceptable. The bedroom we stayed in was on the ground floor and had facilities for disabled in the bathroom. Our two children stayed in a room on the first floor and were both happy with their room. Internet was not great but my kids survived.
We had an evening meal and breakfast at the Inn. Both were excellent with high quality food at very reasonable prices especially if you are from the south of England. Good choice of beers and wines.
All in all a very relaxing hotel with good food and a nice atmosphere. Would highly recommend based on our experience.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms would be good for diabled
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

A little off the beaten track but well worth the trip

Great looking pub with friendly staff

Food was of a really high quality but without the prices breaking the bank

Beer garden was well kept and very pleasant

Would recommend a visit

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2017

We visted on a Saturday for a lunchtime meal after a busy morning in Shrewsbury. We were hungry. We sat outside as we had our dog with us although inside is dog friendly apart from the restaurant. It was a hot day so I ordered a ploughmans which is a rare treat for me as I don't normally eat bread. My husband ordered a burger and chips. It came out looking quite appetising but unfortunately both my hunk of bread and my husband's brioche bun were both stale. As the bread was the main filler of this particular meal I left feeling hungry. Also the owner decided that lunchtime would be a good opportunity to spray weedkiller on his copious amounts of weeds which was worrying. When we left my husband carried our dog to the car to avoid her getting it on her feet . We won't be going back

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2017

Having grown up the other side of Ellesmere and driven to Shrewsbury on numerous occasions I had passed the Burlton Inn every time and wondered what it was like. Then I booked a room for a Saturday night in order to visit family in Grinshill. It was perfect! A very nice bedroom, a great pub with really good beer, a good bar menu which we sampled and what looked like an excellent restaurant. As I base my overnight reviews on the quality of the breakfast, I have to give it ten out of ten. Excellent full English wth the best field mushrooms I have eaten in a very, ver long time. Friendly staff, good location for exploring canals, the meres and going into Shrewsbury. Thank you Burlton Inn.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family