“Lovely breakfast”

The Chalet Tearooms and Restaurant
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Tearooms and Restauran, serving high quality food and wine in a stunning location near the shores of derwent water..
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

After leaving the disappointing nearby Nichol End Marina cafe because they couldn't find a chef, we found our way to The Chalet. Here we found 3 chefs!

We ordered full breakfasts. They were quickly served and absolutely lovely. Good quality ingredients and very well prepared. I would now love to come back and sample the dinner menu on our next trip to the lakes. No need to bother with the other place any more.

My only criticism would be the piped music. I am a musician and particularly sensitive to it and in all honesty, nobody else even noticed. But I felt like I was eating breakfast in an 80's action movie! I think it's more of a personal problem really since everywhere seems to do it.

Wonderful food, lovely staff with smiley faces. Would highly recommend for breakfast. If the dinner menu is on a par with breakfast, I'm sure it will be fantastic.

1  Thank taylorrevelator

Reviewed 10 August 2017

We had afternoon tea & cakes, Breakfast, Coffee & cakes. All on different days. We were not disappointed at all. Also very dog friendly. Had heard of The Chalet prior to our holiday and it was as good if not better than we anticipated.
Staff very friendly, quick service even at busy times. Cannot fault.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

We had several cakes in different cafés after long walks and this was the best! Lemon and lavender- don't be put off. But best of all, despite being the last slice, it was still fresh. My husband had cream scone with proper strawberry jam! Lovely staff.

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

This was our first time at the Chalet and what a place. We had a some lunch and the food was excellent. I had soup and sandwiches and my partner had the jacket potato. Both meals were delicious and value for money. The potions were just about right as it was a good filling lunch. The staff were very nice and helpful and the establishment was very clean and well maintained. We would happily recommend the chalet to anyone. A fantastic place to eat

Reviewed 8 August 2017

A lovely little tea room with traditional sandwiches (thick slices with real ham for example), delightful tray bakes and the most delicious scones. Very busy, but fast, efficient service. Both adults and children enjoyed the afternoon tea!

1  Thank David G