“Pit stop in the way to Inverness”
Review of Morgan McVeigh's

Morgan McVeigh's
Ranked #2 of 3 Quick Bites in Insch
Price range: US$5 - US$9
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Casual roadside restaurant and coffee shop, gift shop and ladies clothing boutique. Situated on the A96 between Inverurie and Huntly. Ample free parking. Tour groups welcome.
Reviewed 14 August 2021 via mobile

Stopped for a pit stop and ended up eating way too much as it was delicious, best cakes ever and a massive selection , taking some cheese scones away for later !

Date of visit: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (239)

Reviewed 23 July 2021

Fantastic food and excellent service. Highly recommend - tried breakfast, coffee and cake and lunch and was not disappointed. Staff very friendly and efficient.

Reviewed 14 July 2021

Having visited this a number of times many years ago I was excited to be back in the area and able to visit again. However, I have to say it was a bit disappointing.

You order food and drinks at the counter but this seems quite a slow process because they make all the drinks while you wait. This created a bit of a queue and caused people to queue through the dining area.

The numbers for the table orders were away from the counter, and tickets had to be handwritten and then taken to the kitchen before moving to order drinks which were then made.

The staff seemed to be under pressure during our visit so perhaps they were understaffed on this occassion?

The food was OK but not as good as I remember it being.

It was good that the toilets were open although the sign was actually for 'toilet' which made me think there was only one shared toilet initially. Thankfully on going through the door there are ladies, gent and disabled toilets.

There is plenty of parking on site and it is located right beside the A96 which is helpful.

As a vegetarian there was quite a limited choice available.

1  Thank theproftraveller
Reviewed 12 July 2021

Visited on morning of 12th July and enjoyed a nice coffee with scone and jam. Wasn't too busy and everything well spaced out and clean. Went through to the clothing department afterwards and the lovely girl there was so pleasant and helpful. She encouraged me to try a top on which I liked but would never normally buy. She was right - I loved it and bought it and am looking forward to wearing it through the summer. Such a friendly girl, enjoyed chatting to her.

Reviewed 3 July 2021

I’ve been here many times over the years but my latest experience has actually put myself & my elderly mum off , although the food was beautiful, one of the members of staff had very little manners & quite rude not only to myself but to other customers. The biggest thing that put us off , there were bluebottles everywhere , falling from the roof into tables & one landed in my son’s coleslaw , I totally understand that being in the country there is all sorts of insects but I lived in the country for many years & there’s ways of getting rid of bluebottles which are disgusting flies …

Date of visit: June 2021