Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
CheapTickets
ZenHotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 November 2012

We selected this resort after some research on the internet. Just two came up, morning mist and this one. Although at home has no swimmingpool it is still good value. Upon arival with our 1yr old Son the staff welcomed us and took our bags to the room. They even carried the baby stroller up the stairs to the room. A babybed was readily available and room was already airconned and very clean so we could put our Son to sleep easily. Breakfast is nothing special but does the trick, although you can order from the menu banana pancakes, our sons favorite... Lunch and dinner are good, we didnt feel like going to annother place for food. THe staff is very friendly and helpful. Their English is somewhat lacking which has caused some confusion, but nothing serious occured. They try very hard and go to lengths to help you. They were quickly to make friends with our son so felt at home. The tours They offer are the same as anywhere but quite good. Exception was the jungle trek. We had à Guide who was more interested in taking pictures from spiders them properly guiding us. We could have done The track alone.

Room tip: The concrete bungalows are clean and cool.
Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 25 September 2012

The last vew days of my vacation in Thailand without planning it, we came to Khao Sok National Park. After searching for a hotel in this Area, finnaly we found At Home Resort. I choosed this hotel because of picture on the website. I need some quiet days before going back home. When I entered this hotel that has a wonderful view, I did really feel that I'm in a resort, no swimming pool or spa but it is a resort. Kindly and helpfull staff. Great food and reasonable price. The room is clean with AC and TV. In the evening you only hear the music of the jungle. It was raining 3 days long during my stay but It was very nice to stay in this hotel

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2012

We have booked At home resort using agoda, and it is located near Khao Sok national park. We stayed 3 nights in a wooden chalet. These are very cosy, air comditioned and tv equiped. For wifi you need to go to the restaurant. Bathroom has good shower. We stayed during the start of the rainy season, which in this case means 90% rain during day and night. Though we did not spend much time outside in the surroundings. Just enjoyed on the front porch, the natural scenery of sounds and birds, meditate, watched tv and had a delicious meal in the restaurant where a friendly staff welcomed us all the time. We really feld at home in "At Home Resort".

Room tip: You an choose for a standard (concrete) room, but a wooden chalet was a welcome change for us.
Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2012 via mobile

Didn't want to leave.

Very hospitable staff- took our bags straight to our room after we arrived from a long journey.

We did the night safari tour which was fun. We also did the lake tour, long day but enjoyable travelling across the lake and discovering creatures on the jungle walk- your shoes will get wet for sure.

Try the pineapple smoothie and thai pork basil stir fry. Lovely sitting on the deck looking at the view and enjoying the peace and quiet.

The air con in the rooms works a treat which can be rare in thailand.

Date of stay: August 2012
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Stayed at "at home resort" for one night last night (9th July) with my boyfriend after a few mix ups at khao sok paradise resort meaning the room we had booked wasn't available. We will be staying there tonight and so review to follow!

The staff are amazing, couldn't be more helpful if they tried. We were greeted by two men who took our bags and carried them straight to our delux cottage. We didn't even need to go through a check in procedure, they were already expecting us.

The rooms are small wooden cottages placed along a decked platform. The view is breathtaking. We had AC, hot water, a TV (that played English films on one channel every now and again) and a comfortable bed. I would say this place would be great for those who like the idea of being close to nature but aren't too keen on being without their comforts. The sounds around the cottage could have been playing from a relaxation CD. I haven't felt as peaceful as i did there during my 6 weeks in Thailand.

The food is great and reasonably priced. I had chicken and cashew nuts for lunch which cost 120 baht. The pineapple smoothie is a must try to anyone visiting here. The portion sizes aren't tiny either which was very appreciated after a few weeks of never really feeling full up.

There is one staff member in particular who I'd like to mention as being an asset to the resort. I'm not sure of his name however he has tattoos and was always there with a smile. His English wasn't great but I got the impression he was the only person there that day who could speak even a bit. He was happy to help us with anything and he made our stay even more pleasant.

In terms of location it is about 1km to the park entrance. My bf and I walked it in about ten minutes and it's all flat road. There isn't much around, but I guess that's all part of the relaxing experience. After a few weeks in places such as Phuket and Phi Phi, it was nice to walk down the road and not be hassled for a massage!

Date of stay: July 2012