“DELICIOUS !!!!!!”

Price range: US$15 - US$28
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 August 2021

A last minute decision to have lunch at the Whaler as we were in the area and we were not disappointed. !!!!
The haddock was beautiful cooked, good portion size for a seniors, very attentive staff, good to see still wearing masks as one of us is vulnerable, altogether a very nice comfortable lunch.
Most enjoyable, thanks to you and your staff.

Date of visit: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (403)

Reviewed 8 August 2021

Called after booking on Saturday evening. We were a little surprised that it was very quiet. It's usually packed.
Shown our table where we made our order.
The waitress brought our tea for 2, but only a small teapot which filled one cup.
We were one portion of tartar sauce short so had to ask. Had to ask for a bigger tea pot.
We were aware of complaints at the next table. Then another couple questioning their Bill.
Our food came and it seems Covid has brought down the portion sizes. Our mushy peas failed to materialise but by now we just wanted to get on with our dinner.
Another table were asking why they had so little bread and butter.

I don't know what's gone on, but we unfortunately will not be returning.

Date of visit: August 2021
2  Thank Andy M
Reviewed 1 August 2021

Visited last evening and had pensioners special. Fish and chips fine, however my partner ordered a side of mushy peas and I was disgusted to find the cost was £1.99 for a portion. This does not compare with another leading fish restaurant at Yeadon where you get beans or mushy peas included in the price and plenty of bread and butter, not just two slices at a price lower than the Whaler.

Date of visit: July 2021
Reviewed 28 May 2021 via mobile

My family and I have been visiting the Wetherby Whaler in Pudsey for over 30 years at least once a month.

On our first visit back since the latest COVID restrictions we were really looking forward to being back.

We were however very disappointed with the service. We had come in and given our details for Track and Trace then waited for a table (although it was very quiet so why we had to wait I'm not sure) until the waitress came and got us. My father requested a table in our usual area where we sit. Again as it was quiet I'm not sure why the waitress then rolled her eyes about this.

We then ordered our usual tea before we eat. We received tea and hot water and milk. No teaspoons. No sugar. So my father asked about the sugar and was told that we now "have to ask for it"... which doesn't make much sense. And again we had no teaspoons to stir the tea.

The food was nice as usual and my son enjoyed a children's chicken nugget meal. Nobody came back to check our food was OK. We didn't have puddings as once again the crumble of the day was out of stock, which it has been on every occasion we have visited in the last few years.

As my father paid the bill I was then approached by the first waitress who took our track and trace details. I believe she is the manager or a supervisor at least. She had told me that she and her team were no longer going to serve my father anymore after he was "aggressive" and nearly made a team member "cry". First of all, I appreciated the lady wanted to resolve the situation for her team but I feel she could have handled this very differently and had she spoken to my father about any issues it would have been resolved there and then. My father never shouted at anyone, didn't lose his temper, didn't swear, was perhaps a bit blunt with his answers but by this point I feel the staff hadn't helped the situation being condescending about having to ask for basic items.

We have many family members that frequent several WW's in Yorkshire but won't be doing so after this episode. It is very disappointing as I said previously we have been customer for over 3 decades. But sadly the management has gone downhill a lot in that time whilst the prices have become extortionate.

Date of visit: May 2021
1  Thank MarkB9492
Reviewed 21 May 2021

We love this chippy. Its a little drive (from Manchester) . But so worth the while. The fish and chips are divine
The staff are extremely friendly too. Can't wait to visit tomorrow x

Date of visit: May 2021