US$93
Les Canisses(Le Goulet)
US$84
US$73
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$84/night.

US$244
La Musardiere(Giverny)(Great Value!)
US$133
Le Jardin des Erables(Saint-Marcel)
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
Hotel du Haut Marais(Saint-Marcel)
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 July 2015

It was an inexpensive hotel and so I did not expect many amenities but there were several things that I thought could have been improved. First, it was HOT and I recognize that it was an unusual temperature for Normandy. There was no airconditioning, but I would think that there would have been a way to securely open the window for ventilation (I was on the ground floor). No, the window opens totally - about 3 foot by 4 foot just above the ground so anyone could get in without effort - not a possibility. As a result, it was like sleeping in an oven. Second, there was no safe in the closet. I was on a long journey and had cash in many currencies, my passport, etc. I ended up carrying that with me all the time which is not my first choice. Third, I arrived at about 1:15 having not had any breakfast or lunch. I asked about lunch and she directed me to the dining room, but no one even paid any attention and I finally left. Fourth, I came home from my event and wanted to get a quick dinner and the restaurant was closed for a private party - so I really go very little to eat that day. But worst of all, the private party went on swinging until about 4am - since I could not open my window, I did not hear as much as some of my friends but it was pretty disruptive. On balance, had the temperature been more cooperative, I would have only been mad about the late party, but I do not think I would return.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank Travelling_Wiz
Reviewed 18 December 2014 via mobile

We met in hotel du mont Vernon with large family group. It was afterwards a good time. We had 2 rooms to meet. One for lunch and diner, the other one for the children to play and spent time. The food was probably deep frozen but at the end it was fine. There are a few activities to do on place. The people working there are friendly and helpful. The hotel is not luxury but all basic stuff can be find there. The noise insulation is weak in rooms. If neighbours are quiet the surrounding is noiseless. I would return because for large group it is convenient.

Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I didn't have great expectations for this hotel, but it was chosen do to its' close location to Monet's house and garden. Rooms are of fair size, clean, but a bit out dated. Staff was nice, but not much service provided.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Adele H
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Generally I am reluctant to submit a review which is negative, but I feel some clarification is required. This hotel does not have sound proof rooms. The rooms are clean and comfortable but far from soundproof. This hotel clearly caters for large groups. This particular weekend, there were teams of young boys from sporting teams staying there who spent their time running the corridors yelling, using the pools tables and playing loud music until nearly 4.00am. There didn’t seem to be any supervision or staff to control these boys. Upon our arrival, the hotel staff were few and far between, but they were efficient albeit run off their feet. The one and only receptionist not only handled all the bookings but also had to manage the bar. She did her best but was clearly stretched to the limit. Consequently she was not at her friendliest. My limited French was helpful as no one spoke any English, so we had to work things out for ourselves. We had dinner at the hotel and were pleasantly surprised. The décor was very basic, but the waitress was lovely and the food was quite good. After a bad night with next to no sleep, we entered the dining room for breakfast. What a mess! It looked as if every member of the sporting teams had been through there and had a huge food fight. Yet, none of the parents or team officials seemed to care. Let alone the hotel staff. There wasn’t a clean table to be found. We waited a while but no one came. We had to go and find a staff member and ask if we could have a table cleared. They pointed to another room which was obviously still being cleared from a wedding which was held in there the night before. This hotel is more like a hostel, very basic but clean. It seems perfect for a team or large group. I will make the point though, that this was not the hotel we booked. We were booked to stay somewhere else 50kms away, but due to bad management from the booking agency, we discovered upon our arrival that we could not stay there. That receptionist did her best to find us somewhere for the night which she didn’t have to do. Being a long weekend didn’t help. On a positive note, this hotel is a short drive from Giverny if you are planning a visit to Monet’s Garden.
Note: At some point, we all manage to have a similar experience. It was hugely disappointing, but in time will become a laughing point when reminiscing, I am sure. That particular night was to be a highlight at the end of a month around France. We were booked to stay in a Chateau in the French countryside but ended up at Hotel du Mont Vernon. Need I say more.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2009

All the staff we met were very friendly and helpful. The restaurant was good, with daily specials. A mixture of business (groups and individuals) added to the convivial atmosphere. Good location for visiting Monet's house and garden.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family