Quality Hotel Strand Gjovik
US$168
US$164
ClarionCollection
  • Breakfast included
Sillongen Toten Hotel(Vestre Toten Municipality)
US$159
ScandicHotels.com
US$146
US$112
Good 3.5/5
Scandic Lillehammer Hotel(Lillehammer)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$125
Very Good 4/5
HI Lillehammer -Stasjonen Hotel(Lillehammer)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$96
TripAdvisor
Good 3.5/5
All reviewsnice roomtrain stationsame buildinghigh qualitysmall desknice viewmodern hotelgreat place to stayrooftop restaurantlarge bathroomtwin roomwell taken carebusiness meetingwithin easy walking distanceclean roomsnice breakfastplenty of space
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 September 2017

Very professional and very reception. A non scheduled lunch was organised, very tasteful. Good rooms, only electrical plugs for PC and telephone charger at desk are not available only deep down on the floor

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com
Skurdal, General Manager at Quality Hotel Strand Gjovik, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2017

Thank you!

It's so great to hear that you had a great time with us, and that my colleagues arranged a lunch on the go, that were delicious. I love to hear that you found the staff professional :)

Brgs Ådne

Reviewed 22 September 2017

I was greeted by a yawning surly receptionist. Yes, I arrived late, but that is no excuse to brush me off. I made some requests that were abruptly denied.
My room was basically a corridor. At the end, I bumped into the TV overhanging out into the corridor and nearly broke it off the wall. This was due to the room being completely dark as several light fixtures were not operated by the switch at the other end of the corridor.
There was a big hole in the wall. I discovered this while trying to close the blinds. Doing so is not possible, you end up with a 20cm gap at one end.
The bathroom is split, with the WC in a separate room. The fixtures and plumbing appear to be from the 80s'. The room is filled with overpainted exposed wiring, bearing witness of a cheap remodeling in later years. The bed was uncomfortable, and I am writing this at 2 am. as I am unable to sleep...
Oh, and the desk is wobbly and un-even. It is attached to the dry-wall at one end with normal wood-screws. When I placed my laptop on it and sat down in front, the whole thing toppled over. I am not sure if I dare stay for breakfast...

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Dear D B,

I'm sorry to hear that you were disappointed, and rightfully so. I want to let you know that since you stayed with us, we have done several fixes to the room. Regardless, I'm sorry for your experience, and please contact us before your next stay and we will make sure that you are happy when you leave our hotel.

Ådne

Reviewed 28 August 2017

I stayed in a top floor twin room which was beautiful - spacious with TV and sofa, decent range of teas and coffee and a large bathroom with included shampoo, shower gel etc. However, rather oddly our room was just off a corridor next to a bar / club that was open until 2am, meaning there was a lot of noise until this time. Breakfast was of high quality, with plenty of choice.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo

Hi Ramzi,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. I'm happy to hear that you had a great stay, and enjoyed the top floor room, with a spacious balcony. The rooftop terrace is open during summertime, and if the noise is bothering you, you may ask to change rooms. Great to hear that you enjoyed our big breakfast buffet.

Brgs, Ådne

Reviewed 6 August 2017

We stayed at Strand Saturday to Sunday. Two major issues, no air-condition and poor soundproofing. The restaurant “Taket” is open until 2:00 AM and the crowd is very noisy. Even 3 floors down and with closed window the noise made sleeping impossible.
On the positive side is good location, clean rooms and a nice breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to us. The rooms in the original part do not have air condition, but ventilation, air condition are available at our superior rooms in the new hotel building, which also will be quieter. Great to hear that the breakfast gave you a good start of the day.

Ådne

Reviewed 30 June 2017

We chose the Strand for its location, near the Skibladner harbour, since we planned to take a day trip with the old wheel steamer the next day. We registered with pleasure a friendly reception, a clean and airy room (actually, one of their handicap rooms), comfortable beds, no street noise, and a more than adequate breakfast.

We understood that there was an old section of the hotel as well, but we didn't see it.
No doubt, we would choose the Strand for our next visit to Gjøvik!

Room Tip: Ask for a handicap room (lots of space)
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Skurdal, General Manager at Quality Hotel Strand Gjovik, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2017

Hi Sigmund,

Thanks for getting back to us with such a great review. We are really happy to hear that you had a great time with us, and that the breakfast gave you a great start of the day.

Ådne Skrudal