“Brilliant value carvery”

Oak Tree Farm
Ranked #98 of 458 Restaurants in Sunderland
Price range: US$6 - US$23
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Brand nw pub that has just opened on the junction of City Way and Camberwell Way
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Family visit to here, 5 adults and 1 child.

The portions are a really good size, the menu options are vast and it's all at a very reasonable price.
Steak & kidney suet pudding, giant farm burger, ploughmans burger, medium sized carvery (mine), breaded chicken fillet thingy (technical term as I've forgotten the actual name!) and a child's double cheeseburger.

The staff were friendly, all the food was served in good time and enjoyed and I was REALLY impressed when I discovered that they even do a takeaway option for the carvery, woo hoo!!

Specifically for the carvery, 3 types of potatoes, roast, mash & new boiled, 4 meats, pork, gammon, turkey & beef, yorkshire puddings, LOADS of veg, carrots, broccoli, mushy peas, green beans, mashed swede, cauliflower and I think sweetcorn (but I might have invented that one...I forgot to take a picture) You can have pigs n blankets for an extra £1, of course I did......and my only small gripe was the stuffing, it looked a bit wet to me. I like when its been in the oven for a while and it's a bit drier but I didn't go hungry and I didn't miss it.

There is also a play area for the little ones, so it gets them of their iPads for a while......

I would visit again, even if it was just for the take out carvery.

Oak Tree Farm F, Manager at Oak Tree Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you so much for your lovely review! We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

.... I've been to this place a few times, there are some unusual reviews from others saying long cues and half empty doesn't make sense. ... having my own food intolerances and knowing how the staff deal with it I would rate this place as 10/10 .... always been a good meal here .... they are now doing golden parties on the last Tuesday of every month ....

Oak Tree Farm F, Manager at Oak Tree Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for your lovely feedback! This will be passed to the team we hope to see you again soon!!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Carvery was nice with loads to choose from, all fresh and hot. Desserts are amazing with massive portions. Nice little kids area to keep the children entertained.

Oak Tree Farm F, Manager at Oak Tree Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your lovely review! We hope to see you soon!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Very welcoming pub with plenty of parking. A range of pub food on offer. The lasagne was very tasty as was the chicken and leek pie.

Review collected in partnership with Greene King

Thank you for your great review! We hope to see you soon!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We received a warm welcoming smile. The front of house staff had thorough knowledge of the menu which was explained to my family in a friendly manner. The breakfast buffet was expertly cooked, fresh and appetising. Nothing looked 'dried out' . The whole family throughly enjoyed our breakfast. Tea, coffee, toaSt and preserves was included in the price. We have enjoyed lunch here, it was the first time we have had breakfast. We all would definitely recommend both lunch and the breakfast.

Review collected in partnership with Greene King
Oak Tree Farm F, Manager at Oak Tree Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your lovely feedback. Your comments will be passed to the team! Hope to see you soon!