the hotel seems to be just over a year old but is already quite run down in my opinion. The only saving grace was that it is very close to DC mall and price is reasonable.
However, some things upset me:
1) I booked the deluxe king bedroom, but was given the superior room instead (a downsize apparently) by the daytime receptionist. Had a feeling it was not the correct room and asked the night time receptionist and she confirmed it. Absolutely no apology from the night time receptionist, she just informed me that i will be given a refund for the price difference and thats it.
2) I booked 2 rooms, and both rooms smelt really bad. My relatives called room service for some air refresher but room service only arrived 30 minutes. Apparently they had to go out to buy it.
3) My toilet door could not be closed.
4) Breakfast buffet was bad. Selection was v v limited. Food was barely topped up. Breakfast was from 7am-10am. But by 730am most of the main dishes were almost gone or gone (just left with gravy). By 745am, I guess you can look forward to toast - thats it.
5) Service by the receptionist was very poor. When I asked the receptionist a question, she looked irritated and answered me while checking her phone. I think this is one of the worst service by a hotel receptionist that i have ever experienced before. When we checked out, daytime receptionist refunded the price difference in my room but DID NOT apologise. A simple sorry would be nice.
6) The room walls are very thin. I could hear noises from the room beside and people who walk down the hallway.
7) People smoke in the hotel lobby and breakfast area (which is airconditioned by the way). We had to eat our breakfast very fast because the smell of smoke was overwhelming.
8) Bed too hard for my liking (understandable since it is a budget hotel)
Just to note:
If you take the taxi from the hotel to nearby places eg. harbour bay or nagoya mall, minimum price is 40,000Rp. Further distances more ex. Taxis do not use meter. And we saw the bellboy getting a token of money from the taxi driver.
Overall, I dont think I will stay here anymore. Rooms are not great. Food variety and quantity insufficient. Service overall is terrible.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Zenrooms and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Golden Gate Batam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Golden Gate Batam Nagoya