“A good choice”
Review of Lulu Restaurant

Lulu Restaurant
Price range: US$37 - US$37
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Lulu restaurant offers cutting edge food and wine set in an interior of mirrors, table lamps and flickering candles. It offers a wide range of local and foreign wines which compliment its varied menu perfectly. Situated in the centre of the picturesque town of St Julians, the restaurant is just minutes away from popular entertainment venues. Lulu's also caters for private and corporate events; be it a party or sit-down function. The restaurant can accommodate up to a 100 covers with approximately 60 people on the ground floor and an additional 40 on the upper level. It also offers a delicious selection of finger food. Please do not hesitate to contact us for more details. Reservations are recommended.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

For those that prefer quiet places where a good meal can be tasted, this conveniently placed quality restaurant should be one of the first choices.
Excellent service, good cuisine with fantastic fish of the day, a relaxing decoration on a quiet atmosphere and a short (just one page) but great selection of dishes, and a good winery round up a restaurant that is not for those occasions when the nearby, much noisier places call for the party; but for the days when a calm, excellent dinner in the company of family and friends is desired.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,289)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Me and my girlfriend, both Irish, were in Malta for a week in June 2018, and this was the best place we ate in our time on holiday. We got a lovely table seated outside. The owner/manager, Nick, introduced himself to us as we were placing our order. He recommended my girlfriend try the local fish of the day, as she was going to order Salmon but he said she could eat Salmon any day! She went for the local fish and she wasn't disappointed. I had the steak which was also cooked perfectly. Our waiter on the day (Apologies I don't remember his name but he was half Serbian half Macedonian) was superb, very friendly and couldn't do enough for us. He even gave us a complimentary shot at the end of our meal. Really would recommend to anyone as both service and food was exactly what you would want from a restaurant. PS: Sorry Nick we didn't make it back to watch the World Cup on the big screen ye had planned on putting up!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

In fairness my wife Sue and I stumbled upon this restaurant down a side street as we were lost!! Looked at the menu, asked for a table and were seated at 24 on the outside seating area. Then the experience began!! Wonderful staff, the boss showed me the fresh fish available and when I told him I love fish but hate bones he promised me no bones and I was served 4 beautiful (boneless) fillets of fish, my wife had the Red Snapper cooked whole which she described as superb. Service, food, staff all great which is when a first happened for me as my wife had enjoyed it so much suggested we went back there for the last night of our stay. We went back on Saturday evening and were treated like long lost friends, the service was once again perfect and the food magnificent. Sue went for a fillet steak this time and described it as one of the best she had ever tasted, I had fish again however different to the previous night and shared a monster of a fish with somebody on another table. (We both wanted to try this fish however it was too big for 1 so the boss arranged with the kitchen to cook the fish for both of us and serve 2 separate portions). We truly loved the service and food here and were sorry to leave and say goodbye to them as they were all so nice especially the young French girl who was there to improve her English... In my humble opinion, well worth a visit!!

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

Food was tasty but I was expecting better from other reviews I had read.

Tuna pasta special wasn’t good, but house special pasta was very enjoyable.

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

My family and I had Christmas lunch here last December and all I can say is what a great choice. It was as if we were spending lunch with one huge family and we were part of it, the quality of service and food was only surpassed by the friendliness of the owners who treated and engaged with us as much as their actual family whom where there. The food was fabulous and worth every penny, if you want cheap go to McDonald’s and get value for money, if you want quality go here and also get value for money but also get the experience.

2  Thank iwasthereaswell