2 people are viewing this hotel
US$101
Hotels.comUS$104
TravelocityUS$104
PricelineUS$104
All reviews tram station basic room overnight stay city centre short stay hotel is located stops shower microwave luggage
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 July 2022 via mobile

Clean-check. Close to airport-check. Cheap (especially in Switzerland and during even more specifically)-check. Very convenient and it’s immediately adjacent to a tram station (it’s tram 10 though 12 also stops there). Offers for a price a breakfast buffet that is typical of Swiss offerings-we declined it so can’t comment on the experience. 10 minutes from door to airport terminal. 30 minutes to/from downtown central Zurich. Wouldn’t want to have an extended stay. Rooms are as much wife and I said “efficient”. Shower door faces into the room. If you’re traveling with anyone that wants or needs privacy (like my son and 2 daughters) it’ll require some planning. Perfect for an overnight pre-flight home stopover.

Date of stay: July 2022
2  Thank jlshopper
Ana Seizovic Rusnov, Sonstige at ibis budget Zurich Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2022

Dear jlshopper

Thank you for leaving some comments about your stay. We are happy to hear that you found our location convenient. Have a great day. Best regards, ibis budget Zurich Airport

Reviewed 21 June 2022 via mobile

We booked and prepaid a non-refundable room through Hotel.com. The day before departure we had family illness which forced us to cancel the whole trip. In the morning of the day we were supposed to check in, Hotel.com called Ibis on our behalf to cancel our room and got Ibis, which was very kind and we appreciated, to agree to give an exception to our case for a full refund, as we plan to reschedule our trip and book Ibis again. Ibis got my email address from Hotel.com for sending me a confirmation of cancellation and refund. As I have not heard from Ibis in more than two weeks, I called Ibis, and I was told that they had no record of an agreement to give me full refund. I was then advised by the hotel staff to email the hotel instead for my inquiry. I emailed Ibis two days ago and asked for a cancellation confirmation for the purpose of filing travel insurance. Yesterday I got a reply from Ibis, suggesting me to talk to Hotel.com instead as Ibis is not my travel agent and they consider my inquiry irrelevant. I replied and clarified again, that all I need is a cancellation confirmation, not a refund although they were kind to agree before. Ibis then replied to me that there was no record they could find based on the confirmation number I provided. I am sure whoever replied to me did not try, as Ibis was able to read back to me my confirmation details over the phone when I called days ago with the same confirmation number. I last replied and requested Ibis to check it again. The hotel then went radio silence.

We are now planning our trip to Switzerland, and no way we will consider this Ibis Budget Zurich Airport again. Terrible customer service for a simple and in our view, reasonable request of information.

Room tip: No comment on other aspects of the hotel, but customer care is terrible
Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Ana Seizovic Rusnov, Sonstige at ibis budget Zurich Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2022

Dear BackPacker637076, thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your comments and I can assure you that we are going to pay attention to the things you wrote. Thank you for choosing Ibis budget Zürich Airport. Best regards, ibis budget Zurich Airport.

Reviewed 9 June 2022

The interesting thing is that it is located in Glattbrugg, right next to Zurich Airport.

I stay here for one week. The hotel ibis budget Zurich Airport offers air-conditioned rooms and free WiFi access throughout the property. The Internet speed is fast.

With the modern electric tram brings me to reach the city center of Zurich and the Main Train Station in no time.

I was surprised with the soundproofed room at the hotel, that makes me not hear any airplanes taking off or landing. Very nice and calm.

In the room, it provides a flat-screen cable TV, a desk, and a bathroom with shower.

Breakfast is served from very early in the morning. The coffee is well brewed.
At lobby area, I noticed that guests can also enjoy the fresh food corner and use the microwave there. Vending machines are there.

When need anything, the 24-hour front reception always is there. Very helpful staffs.
I also would like to mention the back office, Ms. Ana, and the Hotel manager. they are very friendly. Always regard and care to the guests, and provide the information of the Zurich city.

So I will come back to stay in this hotel more.

Best regards,

Dr. Vorravee Pattaravongvisut
Man on the Move

Date of stay: May 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Manonthemove9
Ana Seizovic Rusnov, Sonstige at ibis budget Zurich Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2022

Dear Dr. Vorravee Pattaravongvisut, Thank you very much for taking your time to send your feedback to us and to other guests. We are very happy to hear that we were able to offer you a good location as well as some rest. Thank you for praising our reception team and for mentioning our buffet breakfast. We are very glad to hear so many positive comments from your side and we hope to welcome you soon again. Have a nice day! Best regards, Ibis Budget Zürich Airport.

Reviewed 5 June 2022 via mobile

Good stay for overnight, to board the early flight. Neat cubicle type rooms, a bit tight for a family of 3. But okay if you are on a budget
Near to tram station to move around in Zurich. Staff cooperative and cheerful. Good breakfast menu. Everything else perfect

Date of stay: May 2022
2  Thank hkaur383
Ana Seizovic Rusnov, Sonstige at ibis budget Zurich Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2022

Dear Hkaur383, thank you for your feedback. Glad to hear that you were happy with your stay. We hope we can welcome you soon again. Have a great day. Best regards, ibis budget Zurich Airport

Reviewed 4 June 2022 via mobile

Absolutely dreadful. Worst service I’ve ever had in a hotel. Receptionist was lazy, unhelpful, didn’t answer the phone from the aggregator I used.

Don’t stay here under any circumstances.

There are similarly priced hotels - this is a hostel it turns out - nearby too.

Room tip: Go somewhere else!
Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank PhilStubbington
Ana Seizovic Rusnov, Sonstige at ibis budget Zurich Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2022

Dear Mr. Stubbington, thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your comments and I can assure you that we are going to pay attention to the things you wrote. We hope to see you again. Best regards, ibis budget Zürich Airport.