“2nd Visit to Ciar Mhor”
Review of Ciar Mhor

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dunblane
Ciar Mhor
Ranked #2 of 4 Dunblane B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 July 2017

This is my 2nd visit to Ciar Mhor - it won`t be my last - beautiful house & Jean is so welcoming - even picking me up at Dunblane Station & dropping me off at Dunblane Cathedral. She even gave me my favourite room - breakfast- very tasty- you can have as much or as little as you want. Nice and quiet with just the sound of the river to lull you to sleep. Nice stroll into town, lovely spacious rooms. The only thing is & this isn`t connected with my stay here but worth pointing out - there`s a lack of taxis in the area - I had to ask several people, got some numbers but had no luck after phoning round .

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 5 July 2017

Ciar Mhor is a spacious, clean and quiet bed and breakfast ideally located near many historical sites. The home itself is in a beautiful location by the river with great views!
The MacGregors are lovely hosts and provided our family of five with many delicious breakfast varieties so much that we were full each morning.
It was a fantastic BnB experience for the family! Would stay there again if given the chance to return.

Room Tip: The room facing the river had great views and an ensuite. Very comfortable and spacious.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 December 2016

Excellent large bedroom and lounge overlooking Allan Water river. 17 minute walk from town centre. Quality of finishes in rooms and bedroom unbeatable. Tea and biscuits on arrival. Excellent thick Duvet. Excellent full English breakfast. No heating switched on in room but weather mild for December.

Room Tip: My room was within roof but not a loft conversion. Be careful not to hit head on sloping ceiling in...
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 September 2016

Stayed here recently for a few days with the family and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Despite being 50-something, this was my first time staying in a B&B and the whole experience at Ciar Mhor has certainly sold the concept to me. The property is large and set in a stunning location beside the river Allan and yet only a 10 minute walk along a beautiful riverside path to Dunblane town centre. Sitting at the breakfast table each morning, you have great views of that river and the surrounding greenery. Talking of breakfast, Jean serves up all the healthy options of cereals, etc, plus a very decent cooked breakfast and all the tea, coffee and orange juice you can drink. Jean can tell you about all the nearby eateries of Dunblane and beyond; we only wish we'd spoken to her before setting off for the Sherrifmuir pub via an embarrassingly circuitous route, when it was, in reality, a quick 3 miles direct from Dunblane. Whilst we never took any photo's of the B&B, we did manage to capture several of the permanent 'guests' at this B&B; thanks to Ewen for the guided tour!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Bluepilot
Reviewed 4 September 2016 via mobile

This is a stunning house in a quiet and beautiful setting. I spent a very relaxing night here ahead of a conference at Stirling University next day.
Received a warm welcome and my room - and the rest of this amazing house - was spacious and spotlessly clean. I was lulled to sleep by the gentle sound of the Allan Water running below my window.
Breakfast was delicious and plentiful. Fruit juice, choice of cereals & a freshly cooked hot plate of my own choice. Lovely toast & preserves too.
Just wish I had discovered this fabulous place before!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo