“Pleasently surprised.”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 September 2017

Three of us pre booked a table for last Saturday evening at the Chinese Ya Hao Restaurant. When we arrived we were greeted and led to our table which was ready for us. We ordered a bottle of Red and a bottle of White Wine, which was very reasonably priced, while evaluating the Food Menu. There was a huge selection to choose from all of which looked to be very tasty. For starters we had a selection which included seaweed, spring rolls , ribs etc. This was followed by crispy duck with wraps. At this point we had to ask the waiter to hold fire for fifteen minutes as we were all a little full. The Restaurant was very popular and was nearly full and the atmosphere was good. Our main courses came and they were again very tasty and big. At the end of the meal we had to ask for a doggy bag to take the food home. It came back to us in three large containers which were appreciated the next day. All in all a great evening and very reasonably priced and we will most definitely go back again in the near future.

2  Thank Angus D

Reviewed 27 August 2017

My sister and I went here for her birthday last week - first time for both of us. What a lovely meal we had. We chose the buffet at £16.50pp - you eat as much food as you like, but you have to finish what you've ordered before ordering more.

All the food is cooked to order so you have to wait - no problem at all as you know it's fresh. It was amazing. We had chicken with mushrooms, crispy chilli beef, sweet and sour chicken balls and Singapore noodles (without the fish) for our first course. After a bit of a rest we ordered beef with mushrooms and another portion of Singapore noodles - yes, they are THAT nice.

I would definitely eat here again and would highly recommend it to anyone. Will be back.

1  Thank Kath J
Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

My sister took me here for my birthday on Monday. Neither of us had been before but had recently had a recommendation from a family friend. We did the 'all you can eat' option and it really was delicious. The best sweet and sour chicken balls I have ever tasted, they were huge! Really good value and excellent service from the friendly staff.
Will be recommending to my friends and trying the takeaway menu very soon!

1  Thank J0balls
Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Called in late at night for quick takeaway. Impressed by menu choice. Some Malaysian etc dishes that I would try next time. I will go again maybe for Sunday buffet which looked interesting.

1  Thank noseygeorge
Reviewed 3 July 2017

The restaurant is good however everything you can eat from the restaurant menu you order and eat at home
This is a clean; usually speedy service and great staff
Eat in or out you will be surprised how good the food is

1  Thank Peter P