“Birthday lunch”

Ranked #10 of 51 Restaurants in Cobham
Price range: US$13 - US$40
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Overlooking the delightful Downside Common, The Cricketers is a beautiful pub full of cosy nooks and crannies for a quiet pint or leisurely lunch. Serving a delicious menu full of seasonal favourites with a French twist. From our wild mushroom tart to pheasant sausages, rich, authentic coq au vin, tartiflette the list of gorgeousness goes on and on! Please note that if you are unable to find a reservation at your preferred time, please contact us directly, via email or telephone, as we may be able to squeeze you in. We continue to be cashless and therefore only accept card payment. You no longer need to book a table if you are visiting our bar, simply drop by and we look forward to welcoming you and your guests. Our great British weather can be a little unpredictable at times. Whilst our outside seating is covered with shared heating, we recommend you wrap up so you are as cosy as possible.
Reviewed 12 August 2021 via mobile

Excellent lunch, varied menu and very tasty food.
Staff all very friendly and helpful.
We sat outside on newly refurbished patio(after Covid) which was perfect and charming.

1  Thank 347gillianm
Write a reviewReviews (659)

Reviewed 2 August 2021 via mobile

There was no decent ale on sale again. Even the landlord has gone. Am not going to be forced to drink their standard keg beer. Prefer to go elsewhere for a decent pint of real ale. Camra would be dismayed as it's a lovely pub on a village green.

Reviewed 2 August 2021

It was nice to go back to an old pub that I have been visiting on and off for 50 years. We (6 of us) were early for our booking and thought we might have a drink at the bar first,but we were sat at our table immediately. That’s ok but it was an age before we found anybody to take a drink order. (Surely it’s in their interest to ply us with drink asap!). That said the staff were all very nice and pleasant. The food though I would rate as average minus. No roast beef-fair enough by 7pm but I bet it looked nothing like the photo. Three roast pork with identical size slab of meat and no crackling! It wasn’t dire but it wasn’t great either. I can get better roast somewhat cheaper at the nearby Bricklayers Arms. It would be interesting to see how much prep they do on site-other than very uniform meat portions I don’t believe the potatoes were peeled and roasted that day. I think if Raymond Blanc actually had anything to do with this he would despair!

Reviewed 30 July 2021 via mobile

Without doubt The Cricketeers has really improved since our last visit. To be honest I probably wasn’t going to return but friends chose the location for dinner and I could be bothered to explain why I didn’t want to go.
Although in fairness I was impressed, food was good and service was friendly. We enjoyed a mixture of dishes and all were well presented, tasty and fairly priced. The kitchen staff were flexible as I wanted a fish item but wanted it served with garnish from another item in the menu. Now sure this should not be difficult but some places are not as flexible. I was even persuaded to order a Pistachio dessert which I would normally avoid but was glad I did as it was delicious.
We will certainly return soon.

Date of visit: June 2021
Reviewed 19 July 2021 via mobile

Had a lovely meal with the family. The pub was pretty busy but staff were attentive and friendly. Quality of food was superb. There were so many great options on the menu that we could have chosen anything. Already thinking to go back with friends.

Date of visit: June 2021